Looking for screw-on grip mount

I'm in the market for a Richardson Screw-on grip mount. These are for the R Ultimax receiver. I ordered one 3 years ago at same time I ordered a 2M2 ultimax rec from Doug, and paid for, but only received the Receiver. Called Doug, but he ran out of them, and didn't have any immediate plans to build more.

So, every 3-4 months I'v been bugging Doug, but he's always out of them. Even when he announced starting production of more ultimax recs. So I give up on Doug, he's never gonna provide a screwon grip mount for me, or reimbursement of the $65.00 paid for the grip mount.

Is there anyone out there with an extra screw-on grip mount? Please!! Sell it to me!!! I'll pay a premium for it.

Mike

Looking at the picture shown on Doug's website, on appearance the screw on grip mount does not appear overly complicated.

This may seem like a dumb question, but can a standard grip mount be modified to become a screw on grip mount?

First thought would be to mill off the tab on rear top of a standard grip mount, which goes behind the barrel, then mill two holes for the screws. Of course requires precise dimensions to mill the screw holes and sourcing a couple screws and cutting the screws to proper length.

Does not appear too complicated that a machinist could not accomplish.

Doug left off the "barrel spacer" at the top front of the grip mount, sorry not sure what to call that. Believe that spacer is designed to rest slightly on the barrel fin. As such if that "barrel spacer" were there the grip mount would not very easily slide into the grip mount slot without rubbing the barrel fin. So assuming my observation on this is correct, that would also need to be milled off.

Then after all milling is complete the grip mount would need to be sent somewhere for refinish.

I am sure the above is much more work then desired but should accomplish your goal of completing your project. Need to find a firearm friendly machinist nearby willing to work with you and take on a small project.

Original WWII grip mounts have been harder to find lately and if I remember correctly Philadelphia Ordnance started making new ones. Perhaps Philadelphia Ordnance would be willing to take that project on, I know he is close friends with Doug, so just as possible he may not want to step on Doug's designs and decline.

Screw On Grip Mount.png

The screw-on grip mount was designed to make barrel removal, and installation, a breeze. Use a strap to loosen the barrel and then just unscrew the barrel by hand. Swap barrels or use the original and screw it back on, A 5 minute or less operation.

I've been thinking about building a screw on grip mount, an original can be used I believe, just modify it, possibly have it re heat treated. I would like to try and find the original item first though.

I like the idea of milling a repro grip mount. Waffenmeister makes them. I'm curious as to the demand of them.

Andrew

Unless Doug just has a hardon for me, I would think others are having the same problem as me, and are in need of a screw on grip mount.