Question About Cutts Compensator & Threads..

Hello,

got a question about the cutts and the barrel threads. when you are screwing the cutts onto the barrel, when you "screw the cutts until it cannot go any further" is the cutts at the proper position? with the post at the 12 o'clock position? or do you have to screw the cutts on and then pin it upright?

the barrel on my 28 is not properly tightened, aka i can unscrew the barrel if i want to. i was thinking A. since the barrel is not GI, maybe the shoulder/timing is different than GI barrels. or B. something worse is happening...

cause when i hand tighten it, the front site is about 11 o'clock, not 12. so i reasoned if i tightened it more, then the site would be even more off? thats why i wondered about putting on the cutts, if the cutts was not put on properly...or if i have other issues.

when it comes in, it will be going to PK to have him look at it, but it's bugging me now.

thanks

Craig

check out the big brain on Phil!

thank you for the info.!!!! exactly what i was looking for.

its a savage 1928 and I think the barrel ( and the cutts) is from a WH 1927 pistol (from the barrel length). its a rewat and the C2 needed to trash the real barrel to rewat it. a real shame too, as the barrel should have had UK proof marks.

i need to get a GI barrel to have PK put a real one back on.

thanks again!

Craig