New Manufacture '21 Actuators.....

They sure look nice, anyone know how well they fit? Is it cheaper to redo a Savage/Auto Ordnance '28 actuator to '21 specs?

Looks real nice indeed- but, there is always a butt, the cost exceeds that of a real 21 actuator- Now if one wants to shoot faster and can't find a real one then I reckon there is really little choice- but Starting at $500, no way for me. Guy might just be fishing- $250 probably a deal- hope no one buys it- bring Ernieboat back to reality.

M

Jim,

If you have a spare 1928 actuator to sacrifice, PK in Colorado can "restore" it to 1921 specs in beautiful fashion. That plus his hybrid buffer pilot, improved buffers and new Wolff spring will put a 1921 smile on your face. I have a PK creation and it works GREAT!

If you don't have a spare to convert or if the purist in you doesn't want these limited items "destroyed", you can pick up a new setup for less than what is being asked on gunbroker. Rick Concialdi in Pueblo, CO, (what is it with these guys in Colorado making Thompson items???) has been selling a complete set of newly made 1921 parts (actuator, buffer w/disks, pilot and spring) for under $400. From those that have seen his work, I understand these are first rate. I don't have his Email right now, but will try to locate it.

So pick your poison.....

Roger

I think I would rather not use a WWII actuator, I want the original look. I'd be interested in an actuator with the checkering and same shape as my '28 Navy actuator.