9mm Mags On Evilbay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

Never heard of these. Anyone know what they are?

PhilOhio - you use these in your conversions?

This guy has sold these before on EB. Uses the same story too. "Bought them in a box of parts....". These have been there 3 times that I can recall in the last 6 months.

I used to have a couple of these years ago when I had a 9mm barrel for a Thompson. I also bought a 9mm bolt that Sarco sold to complete the 9mm combo. I have since sold these items. The mags were originally for a United Defense model 42 but worked perfectly in a Thompson mag well.

Thanks for the info guys.

If I see something like it again at a show - I'll pick it up!

The short mags are 25 rounds, it is stated http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ph34r.gif in the UD manual. I thought it was a mistake so I loaded one and sure enough it held 25.

FYI,

The double 40-round UD 42 mags will not work in a Thompson. The front mag hits the receiver. The mag offset is 3/4" it ALMOST fits but not quite.

As mentioned the single UD mag fits perfectly.

There was a 40-round double inverted .45 Thompson magazine too. There is a photo of it in the magazine chapter of American Thunder II.

I forgot...

There is also a UD42 9mm magazine pictured in American Thunder II, again in the magazine chapter, it is posed next to a 20-round Thompson mag.

There was also a .45 caliber UD42 it was called the High Standard Gun. It preceded the UD42 and was tested by the Ordnance Dept. It faired very well.

The H.S. gun used Thompson mags.

The 9mm UD42 is a sweet piece, fast cyclic rate and VERY accurate in F/A.

The gun is machined steel and heavy. Designed by High Standard, manufactured by Marlin, marketed by United Defense. The entire story is in the USA Submachine Gun Book. There is a color photo of a UD42 on the cover of the book.