Form 4 Transfer Time

Stampcollector

AV8R where are you buying the 8mm Kurz ammo?? Thx Vin

I bought it awhile ago, so I don't remember. It was likely MidwayUSA, or Sportsman's Guide, or Graf and Sons. I looked just now and Midway is out of sock, but Sportsman's guide has it for $15.95 Member, or $16.79 Nonmember, for a 20 round box. Graf and Sons has some for $16.59. AmmoSeek shows Target Sports USA has it for $13.99 a box

check out NFA tracker.....some are down to 6.5 months.....my last 2 i was ahead of their charts...this time a week or 2 behind...

the chart shows a 30-45 degree angle...so for every month its picking up 1 month.....so if your 1 month behind mine it should be a 6 month wait for you....the form 4 individuals are going up!....you can see on the chart what they did...ignore the individuals and move on to get the trusts down....

ive got 3 more coming...each is 1-2 months apart now....so i should be seeing a new gun every 4-6 weeks!!!!.....

ill have them all before Summer....

7 months! That is very exciting news mine on a trust are at 5. I was going to call when 9 came around so I might get unexpected mail before then.

what was most exciting is i was not even thinking about it...this crap has turned a hyper person into a yawner.....i was thinking my Sterling was next....then looking through my folders i noticed my BRP was next...then saw the date....i remembered the NFA tracker was on 8-17....went and checked and its at the end of August 2017....wow---i better call the ATF.....i was shocked when they said, yes it was approved 4 days ago........typically i call when it gets close and end up calling 1-2x before its approved......hoping to get the call today or tomorrow from my local gun shop as it typically shows up in 5-7 days

its the 1 gun im least excited about, but im still excited

form 4 trust looks active to me...i see its starting into Sept 2017 now....i dont think that triangle was there 2 days ago...

it has gone dead from time to time......ive seen it go 4-6 weeks w/o a new dot....i wonder if thats more on the ATF or not.....last time it went dead it suddenly went into over drive on trusts......rocketing down from 12 to 7 months now..nearing 6 months

I would contend they are still clueless. I have one in from 11/16, got a correction letter 12/17 and as of 2 weeks ago still pending. Form 1 filed 2/17 still not approved even though it was "supposed" to be done in Dec of 17', according to the examiner working on it. 2 more form 4's sent 7/1/17. Of course 4 more, but they were sent 10/17 and only an idiot would expect them in less than 8 months? Just too much to ask. In numerous conversations with one examiner working on some of this stuff he tells me one thing, nothing happens, contacts me months later asking for another tidbit (already provided, but now lost.....) then promises to finish them?

I am nearing either the breaking point where I'm losing interest or getting another SOT, saving a bunch of taxes, and getting my stuff in a few weeks? Or I start transfers on stuff I think I might buy, send them in, and by the time they get to corrections, I'll have bought it and can put in the real information on the correction a year or two later!

I sent in two Together Feb 5 2017 form 1 and 4 both to my trust. One in 12/23 the other 3/5. Same examiner called and asked about both on same day around 12/17. They both came back with that front page with bar code and file number. The one that hadn't been transferred in 50 years required serial number pictures. So 10 months or so for rewat papers 13ish for a transfer.

I would contend they are still clueless. I have one in from 11/16, got a correction letter 12/17 and as of 2 weeks ago still pending. Form 1 filed 2/17 still not approved even though it was "supposed" to be done in Dec of 17', according to the examiner working on it. 2 more form 4's sent 7/1/17. Of course 4 more, but they were sent 10/17 and only an idiot would expect them in less than 8 months? Just too much to ask. In numerous conversations with one examiner working on some of this stuff he tells me one thing, nothing happens, contacts me months later asking for another tidbit (already provided, but now lost.....) then promises to finish them?

I am nearing either the breaking point where I'm losing interest or getting another SOT, saving a bunch of taxes, and getting my stuff in a few weeks? Or I start transfers on stuff I think I might buy, send them in, and by the time they get to corrections, I'll have bought it and can put in the real information on the correction a year or two later!

Agreed. It stopped me from buying anything. I feel more positive in light of recent times but am not going to buy anything until i see more evidence that things are running faster and smoother.

Eric

There is no reason they can't put a system in place to streamline the process if you either have Class III or you have had a transfer within the past say 3 years. It should populate you are ok when they enter your information into the system once the check is cashed. To pay $10,000's for something and then sit with nothing to show for it for 6-12 months is getting ridiculous. This is the 21st Century and you can't tell me that with all the technology in place ATF can't come up with something better than this?

• 4 weeks later...

do the nfa tracker with trust and individual..you can see exactly whats happening...they are trying to get them to meet up at around 6-7 months...one going down, the other going up or staying flat.......i heard they put 3/4 focus on trusts after getting individuals down to 6 months....drove the trusts down from 12 to 6 months

i used to think 3 months was a horrible wait