Form 4 Transfer time

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#141 Normal1959

• Board Benefactor
  • 282 posts
  • Interests:Guns, collecting and playing poker.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:42 AM

I would contend they are still clueless.  I have one in from 11/16, got a correction letter 12/17 and as of 2 weeks ago still pending.  Form 1 filed 2/17  still not approved even though it was "supposed" to be done in Dec  of 17', according to the examiner working on it.  2 more form 4's sent 7/1/17.   Of course 4 more, but they were sent 10/17  and only an idiot would expect them in less than 8 months?  Just too much to ask.  In numerous conversations with one examiner working on some of this stuff he tells me one thing, nothing happens, contacts me months later asking for another tidbit (already provided, but now lost.....) then promises to finish them? 

I am nearing either the breaking point where I'm losing interest or getting another SOT, saving a bunch of taxes, and getting my stuff in a few weeks?   Or I start transfers on stuff I think I might buy, send them in, and by the time they get to corrections, I'll have bought it and can put in the real information on the correction a year or two later!

Agreed. It stopped me from buying anything. I feel more positive in light of recent times but am not going to buy anything until i see more evidence that things are running faster and smoother.

#142 Got Uzi

Got Uzi

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 631 posts

Posted 15 March 2018 - 05:39 AM

There is no reason they can't put a system in place to streamline the process if you either have Class III or you have had a transfer within the past say 3 years.  It should populate you are ok when they enter your information into the system once the check is cashed.  To pay $10,000's for something and then sit with nothing to show for it for 6-12 months is getting ridiculous.  This is the 21st Century and you can't tell me that with all the technology in place ATF can't come up with something better than this?