Colt 21/28 Recently Posted For Sale

Look closely - this guy is renowned for obliterating serial numbers on pictures via computer (such as using Adobe Photoshop) before he posts them on the web. Sometimes he blends it well, other times he doesn't.

The guy who runs that site is actually quite a nice guy and is very customer service oriented *IF* you pay his prices, which I always felt were 15 to 25% higher than the rest of the market. But, he always does have a good selection if you have the money to burn. You can generally beat autoweapons.com prices on sturm or subguns easily. My favorite is the NIB WH C drum for 2000.00.

I asked him for a couple of "POR"'s in the past (and I was serious too - had the money), and was actually kind of insulted and what he sent me back... maybe he is looking for the kind of over zealous rich guy with money to burn who doesn't do his homework. He didn't seem to want to wiggle on a M16 so I passed - he lost the sale. But, if he is trying to make money for his business I guess you can ask for whatever you want if someone is willing to pay it. Either that or he is really paying a premium to acquire this stuff and wants to make some money, which I can understand if I owned a business.

Your mileage may vary.

Chris.

PhilOhio - could not express any better... Its not what is used to be! People looking for a place to park money and no real interest in guns or the hobby of collecting guns.

QUOTE (SecondAmend @ May 2 2005, 05:30 PM)
RE - Obliterated serial numbers on advertised Thompsons, in general, not just Autoweapons:

Back where I come from there's a saying:

When somebody hides something, it's cause they've got something to hide.

Not always true.... When I asked why people do it here, the answer is usually "because everyone else does". Peoples thinking is that someone can lay claim to it if they have the number.... On anything that is NOT f/a I can see it is better to be on the cautious side.... But class III stuff? Give me a break.... those are the "only" guns that I "know" I can absolutely prove are mine......

Big D,

You point is well taken that there is no excuse for a dealer advertising NFA items for sale with photos to conceal the serial number since there is a registered proven record of transfers and ownership. But there in lies the reason for the dealer's subterfuge especially when it comes to Colt TSMG's now that there are periodicals tracing the backgrounds of their serial numbers even if the periodical is flawed. Some sellers don't want the perspective buyer to have more information than necessary that might contradict the condition and perhaps apocryphal story that now accompanies the weapon.

Some sellers don't want the perspective buyer to have more information than necessary that might contradict the condition and perhaps apocryphal story that now accompanies the weapon.

Well, that wouldn't be a problem if they told the truth. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

I don't have the perspective of Phil or Arthur, it does ring true. Even though I'm a relatively new collector of NFA stuff, I do know one thing. The current prices of these beasts have totally priced me out of the game. I am happy that I bought the two Thompsons when I did. I generally save up for everything I buy, so I felt very uncomfortable taking out loan for them. I remember some of you saying that inflated Thompson prices would exceed anything I could save on interest. Glad I took your advice back then.

I am curious if anyone got a price on the Colt listed? I just wanted to see what I needed to win in the TN lotto.