Reese Surplus All Out Of Bm-59 & 62 Guns And Parts!

UK Armourer

Guys,

just a heads up... Bob and Colleen at Reese surplus no longer have anything BM-59 related! Looks like they sold off their entire inventory.

Colleen told me they have no time right now for enquiries either?

I spoke with Bob some while back about his knowledge of the BM-59 for my upcomming book on the subject and he was most helpful.

I do hope that they are fit and well these days?

Vic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

The book just gets more involved! I turned up the Indonesian manufacture of BM-59's and the recent attempt at building a semi-auto version of the BM-59 for civilian sales that didn't come off, and more prototype info.

My thoughts now are maybe to produce a web based site with the details on there rather than seek to have it published. One of the problems I see now is the lack of a central point to confirm data from i.e. the Beretta factory as they have little knowledge of the timelines and manufacture of the BM-59 and 62 as it was more than 25 years ago and they didn't retain much data from then. There is one gentleman that worked alongside the design and development team still working for Beretta but his recollections are at some times confused (although he has diaries from that time which he doesn't always refer to when I interview him)!

Anyhow, any book is still some time off yet!

I'm trying to source a BM-59 receiver (a semi will do), for some photography... any idea where I can get hold of one?

Cheers,

Vic

Edited by UK Armourer