STG 44 for sale on MG Central

Completely intact MP-40s were indeed brought back to the US and then amnesty registered in 1968. We don't know how many since that's tax information that is not disclosed. We don't know how many more missed the registration opportunity and ended up as parts kits, or are contraband to this day. My matching bnz 41 MP-40 is a amnesty registered gun. They do come up on the market from time to time.

I think acquiring one is a matter of opportunity. I have an evolving mental "acquire" list. When something nice comes along, I'll make the effort. I don't think of it as a time period during which I'm going to acquire a particular piece.

I turned an all matching but unregistered bring back MP40 into a parts kit last summer. Sickening.

• Upvote 1

Completely intact MP-40s were indeed brought back to the US and then amnesty registered in 1968. We don't know how many since that's tax information that is not disclosed. We don't know how many more missed the registration opportunity and ended up as parts kits, or are contraband to this day. My matching bnz 41 MP-40 is a amnesty registered gun. They do come up on the market from time to time.

I think acquiring one is a matter of opportunity. I have an evolving mental "acquire" list. When something nice comes along, I'll make the effort. I don't think of it as a time period during which I'm going to acquire a particular piece.

I turned an all matching but unregistered bring back MP40 into a parts kit last summer. Sickening.

Now that just ruined my day :angry2:

that all matching parts kit still has a very good market value...ive seen a nice one sell for $4k....compared to what it was worth as a complete gun pre 68.

its not like a uzi kit thats worth $250

sad never the less

if the amnesty was the same as 1968 you could go buy a new colt AR15 today....drill a 3rd hole and make it full auto...then register it....it would be illegal until you handed in the paper work......from what i read this stuff was done

if the amnesty was the same as 1968 you could go buy a new colt AR15 today....drill a 3rd hole and make it full auto...then register it....it would be illegal until you handed in the paper work......from what i read this stuff was done

Ian at forgotten weapons did a video with a Vietnam era M16 that was brought home by a soldier and ultimately amnesty registered!! US gov stolen property too!! Ha Edited by Petroleum 1