Auto Ordnance 1927A1 Barrel Swap

I am no expert, but I don't see why they wouldn't be interchangeable since they should both have the same thread size. I'd recommend sending your gun out to one of the professionals here on the forum to swap the barrel for you if you do go that route.

Year ago I purchased a 10.5" barrel after registering the rifle as an SBR and replaced the 16" barrel on my 1927A1 Deluxe. The barrel threaded into the receiver okay, but for some reason I cannot fathom, the compensator had to be sleeved because that end of the replacement barrel was smaller than the original barrel.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends. If you use a GI barrel, the end of the barrel will be the correct diameter for an “original” / WW2 Cutts. Same for a barrel from thompsonbarrels dot com He will even thread the barrel end for a small upcharge.

All bets are off if its a Kahr barrel and / or their press on compensator.

Good luck with your project. Timmy.

I just checked with dial calipers. Looks like it would work to chop the barrel and reinstall the cutts.

It won't have the correct appearance, the 16.5" runs the cooling fins farther down the barrel than the original if I remember correctly. If that doesn't bother you have fun with it.

Motorcar is correct. I went that route when I first did my SBR. It looked goofy and I ruined the compensator. I sent the gun off to deerslayer for a correct 10.5 barrel and new compensator. It looks correct now. I would suggest doing it right the first time, if not you will probably end up doing it twice.

post-260006-0-06957400-1664918066_thumb.jpg

After deerslayer put on the 10.5 in barrel

I just checked with dial calipers. Looks like it would work to chop the barrel and reinstall the cutts.

It won't have the correct appearance, the 16.5" runs the cooling fins farther down the barrel than the original if I remember correctly. If that doesn't bother you have fun with it.

Many features of the Kahr aren't 100% correct. It's an inexpensive option.

Now if it simply a matter of chopping the barrel, drilling a hole and repinning or does it require threads?

None of the barrel's I've seen online are threaded. Not really worried about it having a square shoulder. No one's going to see under the cutts.

In any case these days the process is so simple to form 1 especially with the koisks in some gun shops that do your prints.

Motorcar is correct. I went that route when I first did my SBR. It looked goofy and I ruined the compensator. I sent the gun off to deerslayer for a correct 10.5 barrel and new compensator. It looks correct now. I would suggest doing it right the first time, if not you will probably end up doing it twice.

attachicon.gif 1927A1.jpg

After deerslayer put on the 10.5 in barrel

Yeah you're probably right.