If You Had Two M1a1's

I've shot TSMG's and BAR's. They are two totally different animals. I like them both. BAR is more expensive to shoot but parts are readily availble and mags are cheap. Recoil is mild and the power is incredible. Clyde Barrow would atest to that. If you really like the BAR and it is in good shape I don't think you could go wrong. You see alot more TSMG's floating around than BAR's. Keep the best TSMG and get a real powerhouse in the BAR. Just my .02

Well...good news! still have the Thompson and a new BAR (not really new '44). Just couldn't bring myself to trading in my mint AOC M1.

Slow speed is a hoot! Ran a few mags at the pit and what a sweety in prone, off hand and off the hip. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

No, I picked up a New England. Some day I'll get a 1918...boy that would be sweet.

Can't wait to get a good picture of the Thompson, brace of 1911's and the BAR resting on my 1931 ford coupe. But may have to wait till the rain stops, in about 6 months!