Bargain Basement Colt Tsmg Prices

Sturmgewehr Board

WTS Thompson and parts

Posted By: Speers (cache-mtc-ae03.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 2/21/05 21:54

I purchased these Thompsons between 1978 and 1983 from Roger Cox. I will provide more information to anyone that is interested. 1921A Thompson. 85 percent condition. Matching numbers. Excellent wood. Comes with one Colt 20 round magazine. I want $9500.00. 1921Ac Thompson. 93 percent condition. Matching numbers. Very fine wood. Comes with one Colt 20 round magazine. $9000.00 In 1980 I purchased a 1927 Colt from Roger. He told me at that time it was the first one that he owned. It is a 1927Ac and is in fine condition. Comes with one Colt 20 round magazine. $10,000.
I have several Colt 50 shot drums. All in nice condition. Have four. I would like $500.00 each. Have two Colt 100 shot drums. $1000.00 each. I will accept $3000.00 for all my drums. I have two cases. One is FBI in good condition. $600.00 The other is a police model $550.00 Two long cleaning rods for cases $50.00 each. Metal parts box with tools $500.00 Canvas 100 shot drum pouch. Mills marked. $100.00 have three. Mills marked 50 shot pouch $50.00 have four. Colt wood set. Very nice condition. $350.00 Nickel oil cans. Have five. $40.00 each. 1921 hand booklet. Nice condition $150.00 I have many more parts and stuff. I have eight 1928a1 Thompsons and M1s. Priced 4000.00-6500.00

Seems that the spare parts box that "sold" for "only" $2K has ruffled some feathers to the point of an early April Fools joke.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the $9,500, $9,000 and $10,000 advertised price? $50K for the entire lot? That is still a hell of a deal considering it is easy in excess of $110K sight unseen, but I knew it was a come on and that some enterprising fellow would make an offer he couldn't refuse. So much for truth in advertising.

The Seller told me that he's 85, and that his Wife had passed away about three weeks ago, and no longer had any interest in his Collection. He said that the last time he looked at his Firearms was 15 or so years ago, prior to listing it yesterday...I'm sure he was a bit surprised with the $90,000.00 offer. Certainly more than what had been originally invested.

Like everyone here, I WISH! I have heard from the Seller only twice. The last being when he informed me that everything had been sold. He said that he must have received bewteen 20-30 emails, but couldn't understand why his post vanished from the board?

I immediately emailed him that I would take everything (along with the rest of the usual crew I guess) as soon as the posting came up. Figured I would email first, explain to the wife later. Wonder who carried off the load, and at what price? The guy seemed to understand that he is way under market for this stuff, but not what the FMV would be.

Anybody know any more?

Sniper

Maybe it was someone really wanting to sell it and not into it for the greed. There are a few out there still. Not everybody has that dealer greed.

or maybe it was just B.S.

He said that he sold everything for $90,000.00. He also said that he did receive 20-30 responces. Obviousely a dealer probably ended up with everything, and we just may see these Thompsons available in the near future.. Sniper, when you emailed him, did you make him an offer, or stuck to his asking prices?? It would appear that he received a better offer from someone else..

Don't think any of this is BS. What for? Just an older Dude who lost interest, and didn't realize that Greed had plaqued the hobby. Still, $90,000.00 is a BARGAIN...

At first I offered to buy everything but the 27 for the full asking price, no questions asked. I asked where he was and said I'd come look at the stuff and bring money. Then I quickly said I'd take everything, including the 27 too, at the full asking price, no problem as long as it was transferrable.

He said that he had about 20-30 emails including a couple from guys saying that he was selling way too cheap. It was obvious that he was not going to sell at the prices he had first quoted. Some nutcase actually tried to tell him that the Colt prices were too high and apparently wanted to steal them (now that's greed!).

I told him that it was true that he was below market and if he wasn't willing to sell quickly for cash, to pull back and do some research to find the FMV of the collection. That's pretty much the last I hear from the guy.

Sniper

I'm the one who deleted the post on Sturmgewehr after seeing Arthur's post on this board. I found it on the Collector's Board, and it just seemed like a scam, so I deleted it. I believe it had 22 views at the time. I didn't send the guy an e-mail, but would have if I thought it was for real. I just thought that the guy must have had some sense of the FMV of the weapons if he was posting on the site, and his prices appeared to be the "Early April Fool's Day" joke that Arthur mentioned in his first post in this thread. From what I am reading now, it appears he got the buyer he was seeking...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

he must have been a nice old gentleman who gave somebody a deal>>will it be returned in kind.NEVER!! it will be all resold for $300,000.000..................and the topsy turvy world of m'g's keep's on spinnin wink!!

take care,ron

p.s if true i would have went to see him the next day with moolah and hand to take everything with me....and wait on the paperwork on the reciever's..{if true mind you.}

QUOTE (colt21a @ Feb 22 2005, 08:12 PM)
he must have been a nice old gentleman who gave somebody a deal>>will it be returned in kind.NEVER!! it will be all resold for $300,000.000..................and the topsy turvy world of m'g's keep's on spinnin wink!!

take care,ron

p.s if true i would have went to see him the next day with moolah and hand to take everything with me....and wait on the paperwork on the reciever's..{if true mind you.}

bwahaha... oh ronnie you're so damn cynical... you sound like a grumpy ole fart... but i still love ya brother.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Feb 22 2005, 08:25 PM)
QUOTE (colt21a @ Feb 22 2005, 08:12 PM)

take care,ron

bwahaha... oh ronnie you're so damn cynical... you sound like a grumpy ole fart... but i still love ya brother.... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/dry.gif

Unfortunately, I think the respected Ron is right on the money, along with Lionhart and others. It most likely was a kindly older gentleman, perhaps one of the WWII generation, who tired of the game and thought he would sell at a decent price. This nice little package was almost certainly snapped-up by a very savvy, wheeler-dealer type, soon to reappear on the open market, separately, with incredible histories, and prices to match!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif $50,000-55,000 vintage Thompsons! "Come one...come all, we only offer top quality! (Hey, mister, I've got $25,000 for one of your Colts.) Go away son...you bother me (and my conscience...if I had one)!" http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif Regards, Walter

http://photobucket.com/albums/v716/walter63a/roar20s-500-1.jpg

"Alright...alright...do any of you rum-running scum know where Dutch Schultz flops?" http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/laugh.gif