Bargain Basement Colt Tsmg Prices

who's the guy who called me a cynical old fart???....this ex-marine is in better shape at 55 then some of the 30 and 40 year old's i see slow footing it around at gun show's...i have to stay one step ahead of the pack....wink!! and i outlived {gonzo} hunter s.thompson!!

when i first read the ad.it reminded me of somebody looking at some old price sheet from the 80's...and figuring these price's sound good this will stir the pot...

kinda funny had e-mail address,so was not too dumb to get a puter,and have net access....and still could not figure out what to sell for???? anyway i thought it was a good post of fun............so please gentleman lets not take this sooooo serious!!

girl's just wanna have fun...

anytime any 55 year old's wanna have a match at s.a.r.show..look me up ..we can run around the show half a dozen time's...the loser buy's the winner.......a gun book of his choice..wink......take care,ron

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (colt21a @ Feb 23 2005, 12:18 AM)
who's the guy who called me a cynical old fart???....this ex-marine is in better shape at 55 then some of the 30 and 40 year old's i see slow footing it around at gun show's...i have to stay one step ahead of the pack....wink!! and i outlived {gonzo} hunter s.thompson!!

when i first read the ad.it reminded me of somebody looking at some old price sheet from the 80's...and figuring these price's sound good this will stir the pot...

kinda funny had e-mail address,so was not too dumb to get a puter,and have net access....and still could not figure out what to sell for???? anyway i thought it was a good post of fun............so please gentleman lets not take this sooooo serious!!

girl's just wanna have fun...

anytime any 55 year old's wanna have a match at s.a.r.show..look me up ..we can run around the show half a dozen time's...the loser buy's the winner.......a gun book of his choice..wink......take care,ron

dammit ron i said "grumpy old fart" not cynical old fart... lol there is a big difference.... although i guess they both smell the same.... *wink*

the worse is a old gun show fart.after he has been walking hour's and hour's not buying anything.then he stop's at the taco bar.then a few hour's later he feel's the rumble...and it's not a musical number from {west side story}the jet's and the shark's....and then he scream's maria!!!!!!

well back to thompson's...wink! take care,ron

I got an email from the seller who indicated that the collection has been sold, and the buyer is flying in tomorrow to inspect the goods. Apparently, somebody got to the seller and cut out everyone else who had asked for a shot at buying all or part of the collection.

Sniper

QUOTE (dalbert @ Feb 23 2005, 06:55 PM)
I'm almost certain the post was legitimate based on information I have received since deleting it.

David Albert
dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

If this original post on Sturm was legit, perhaps you should cool your heels in deleting posts!

If you had left this post up there, MANY people would have made offers and a more reasonable price could have been had for this seller.

Sturm policy should be changed to read in BUDDYS RULES that: If a good deal comes along the moderators are sure to delete the post, so that only those DEALERS that read the board every few seconds are entitled to the real deals.

If you are going to be fair about it, why not delete the posts where people are asking TOO MUCH for the guns?

Bottom line is there are a LOT of people on this board that would have paid more money than this seller was asking if they were allowed to at least read the ad. You deleted that ad, and for no really good reason.

Most people don't have the balls to come out and challenge Sturmgewehr on this issue, but I will. Sturmgewehr is full of so called board Nazis and you are one of them. You cost this old 85 year man and his estate tens of thousands of dollars. Greed or no greed.

Just calling a Spade a Spade.

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif

hey thats a good one remove ad's with t.g. and other problem's.....but a supposed legit one with low price's get's busted!!i am sure after he got the thirty or so called e-mail's....he wondered "what did i do?"

of course i am sure but maybe wrong....they will go to somebody who already is chomping at the bit to repost everything for sale...the funny thing is after the transfer process alot of people will remember this....and say look what showed up for resale,

and holy smoke look at the price's now!!

doe's anybody here actually believe the new buyer will pass on a fair deal to anybody else???

it really doe's not happen today....i did it for year's to make alot of collector's out there happy,and to be able to keep turning stuff and buy more..when the last storm hit of no history!! and price's and the t.g.thing..

i gave up on it all...........someday a few youngbloods will realize that...and i was not talkin out my hat either...

thing's have changed not for the best, but for the worse..

talk to anybody who has been doing the game for over 30 year's...find one at 40 year's or more..they will set you straight..sad as it is...the beat go's on....

at least i bowed out before all this crap hit the fan in the market...

as i feel i can care less about being a part of it....if you cannot be a solution.don't be part or add to the problem....

i thank all the dealer's and collector's over the year's..everybody got a fair shake...

did this 85 year old guy....maybe considering what he paid for the stuff back then.........then again....he could have gotten more and not even reached the t.g.level....at least the wife would have approved...if still alive.

everybody have fun. we are still supposed to do that, in a cutthroat,f -over your buddy market..

and the world turn's....wink!

take care,ron

If you are going to be fair about it, why not delete the posts where people are asking TOO MUCH for the guns?

I agree completely! At any rate, the Buyer should be there now inspecting the Collection..Something that I'm sure has kept him at at night for the last several days!

Great balls of fire and bully for all of the honest, no punches pulled, straight shooting G's who just say it like it is on this board. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif That goes double for guys like Jr, the respected Ron and Lionhart! You too Arthur, even though I don't always agree with you. [Then again I seldom agree with everyone, even myself, all the time.] http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif You go guys!! I mean that!!! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/cool.gif Best Regards, Walter

P.S. Not a molecule of foreign, or domestic, alcohol has touched my lips today. That must mean the above statement is from the heart...right...right guys!:-)

John Jr.,

Your conclusion quoted below was made pretty quickly. You may call me a spade if you like. I'm not going to counter with any like comment, but will detail some follow up that I have made with the seller.

"Most people don't have the balls to come out and challenge Sturmgewehr on this issue, but I will. Sturmgewehr is full of so called board Nazis and you are one of them. You cost this old 85 year man and his estate tens of thousands of dollars. Greed or no greed.

Just calling a Spade a Spade."

In hindsight, I would not have deleted the post. 20/20 hindsight is just that. At the time, I had just finished reading the Galati issue that caused so many problems for good people on this board and others. I then saw Arthur Fliegenheimer's original post in this thread, and I thought for sure the post on Sturmgewehr was a troll post. I had actually not seen the post on Sturm prior to the post on this site. After reading it, and agreeing it was suspect, I decided to delete it before someone was potentially scammed. I can count on 2 fingers the number of posts that I have personally deleted on Sturmgewehr. Like I said before, I would not have deleted it in hindsight, which we all have now, and none of us had then.

Once I began to think that it might have been a legitimate post based on comments made on this site, I contacted the poster via the e-mail address that was posted here. Once a post is deleted on Sturm, it is gone. Here's what I said regarding the deleted post:

"First of all, I want to apologize in advance, as I am the one who deleted

your post on Sturmgewehr.com last night. It's my brother's website, and I

thought your post was not real based on the low prices you had listed.

That, along with some other things that have happened recently, led me to

believe it was a bogus post, and I deleted it."

I received the following response from the seller's grandson regarding the background of the Thompson sale:

"A week ago, my grandfather asked to call some gunshops in our area to find out if they wanted his Thompsons and one told us about your site. I know little about what he has and was going by his list and prices that he had given me. He told me that he never paid more than 1500.00 for a single Thompson, and from the emails we received were surprised with the offers."

I then sent another e-mail offering advice regarding the transaction, as did "a number of people," according to the owner's grandson. He replied as follows:

"Thank you for the advice and we are thinking all of this over. We did get email's from a number of people that said 90000.00 was cheap after we made a deal with our buyer. "

I believe there is a very good chance of the seller backing out of the deal, although I did not recommend this action in any way. I relayed that the buyer was getting a very good deal, as did others in other e-mails to him. Higher offers have since been made. Some information he received from the potential buyer that was inconsistent with the standard handling process for such items may also weigh in to the decision of whether to conclude the deal or not. He has another offer that he is very seriously considering. (I am not involved in any way with the offer.)

John Jr, I'm sorry that you didn't have a chance to see the post before it got deleted on Sturm. From what you've said about the site, it sounds like you wouldn't want to visit it anyway. Many people saw the post before it was deleted. If they happened to be dealers, they had the same access to the site that everyone else did, and also continue to have.

Again, I will say that I would not have deleted the post in hindsight.

On the subject of overpriced items, posts that have high prices are not going to be deleted for just having a high price. Everyone who visits, including dealers, may excerise their discretion not to pay a high price.

Respectfully,

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David,

I was very disappointed in your actions when I first read this post and learned you deleted the advertisement on Sturmgewehr. Yes, the prices were low, but I believe anyone that owns several Class 3 weapons and finds Sturmgewehr on the Internet should be somewhat aware that the prices of all Class 3 weapons are sky high. From a seller’s standpoint, the one good thing about Class 3 transactions is the deals are not completed overnight…or over many nights. This leaves one a lot of time to reflect on any deal – especially deals made via the Internet. I did think John Jr was right on point when he posted his thoughts about you deleting the advertisement – but I do think his language was a little strong given you have been a complete gentleman while on this board. However, that is John Jr and his participation, assistance and sentiment on this board is appreciated by most (including me). I fully expected you to respond to John Jr’s post; I applaud your response and full explanation. I am sure everyone on the board appreciates the feedback about this seller and how it now appears he will be getting a much fairer price for his collection given today’s prices.

As a side note, I also believe there are many owners of Class 3 weapons who purchased their weapons years ago when prices were much more reasonable and do not attempt to obtain top dollar when selling because of the obvious Capitol Gains tax implications. Sellers always want to make a profit, but in this Class 3 world, a trouble-free deal definitely has value.

TD.

Just another thought. The initial post was an offer to make a contract. The first unconditional acceptance formed a contract and is enforcable in most states. If I thought I was the first reply accepting his terms and he would not sell me the guns I would seriously think about seeing a lawyer. I have won cases just like this one.

QUOTE (rkr @ Feb 24 2005, 09:09 PM)
Just another thought. The initial post was an offer to make a contract. The first unconditional acceptance formed a contract and is enforcable in most states. If I thought I was the first reply accepting his terms and he would not sell me the guns I would seriously think about seeing a lawyer. I have won cases just like this one.

Not likely. The UCC statute of frauds would keep this deal from being enforceable against the seller unless there is a piece of paper with the seller's signature on it reflecting the deal.

What IF the Buyer happens to be a Dealer who obviously knows what the Collection is worth, one would think that the Seller could file suit for being taken advantage of. Just a thought. Of course I'm not an Attorney, and a Suit could be filed anyhow if the Seller wanted too. Whether or not he would get anything, is anybody's guess..

My .02.

The dealer who steered the gentleman to the internet should be applauded. He could have offered the gentleman $2,500 per gun and walked away a fat, happy cat. He did not.

The seller realized much more than he would have had he never learned about the internet and Sturmgewher. Had the seller been a little more savvy, nothing prevented him from clicking the search button on the NFA section, and see what Thompsons were selling for. OR he could have done some more investigation, himself or through his grandson. Google

Yep, he sold too cheap in today's market. We all have picked up deals from time to time. I have bought many firearms and MG's at 50% of internet pricing. This isn't the only circle that MG's move in.

On the issue of deleting the post, if the seller and the first guy struck a deal, agreeable by both, why did it matter if it was deleted? The only thing the subsequent e-mails did was cause the seller to back out of a deal he made. Not an honorable thing to do.

Anyway, FWIW.

Ken

On the issue of deleting the post, if the seller and the first guy struck a deal, agreeable by both, why did it matter if it was deleted? The only thing the subsequent e-mails did was cause the seller to back out of a deal he made. Not an honorable thing to do

First Guy? We know that he received numerous emails about his Collection. We do not know whether the first guy, the 5th guy, or the 20Th guy made the offer, or even stated that he would take everything for the listed prices. Nor, do we know if the Seller backed out of a Committed Sale with someone else. That hasn't been determined, nor raised within this thread. Purely speculation to suggest the Seller is Dishonest when none of us here know exactly what had taken place, or what has become of said Collection thus far..

The seller (if he takes the 90K) got cheated out of at least 100K if not more.

If anyone on this board wants to sell thier MGS or real estate for half price, call me and I will send you a contract and the purchase price tommorow.

TKKen....WAKE UP DUDE.

David, At least you admitted your shortcomings. Not something we see here everyday or on any message board.

I do not intend to turn this into a bash Strurmgewer session, but lets take a look at this. Let me begin by saying I do not visit or post on that board, it has become too much of a hassle as posts are deleted one whatever Buddy's whim is that day; rules are one thing, but it has gone WAY beyond that. That is beside the point, what I find astonishing is not that the post was deleted, hell, he peobably forgot to put his state next to his name or some other such non-sense, but that a moderator would contact the seller and tell him he priced his stuff too low. The seller obviously got many emails offering him more $$ and informing him that he was underpriced, but it sure rubs me the wrong way that a moderator from the board writes, and although he says he does not sugest the seller back out, does everything but that.

Like I said, I am biased going into this because of the juvenille antics and random power trips of Buddy, but this takes the cake. The meglomania of everyone running that site is simply too much.

About a year and a half ago, I was a partner in a 40 gun deal. We bought some neat stuff, including Thompsons, two Stoners, a Mag 58, original factory MP5K and an unusual MG-42. The seller was the family of an estate, and knew about internet pricing. The dealer offered to broker the guns at a commission, which was rejected. We ultimately bought the guns at about half of internet pricing. The family did not want to piece-meal out the collection and deal with multiple transactions. The first offer from another party on the collection was about 25% of net prices, and the guy was a large dealer.

I have bought a couple of very good deals off Sturm and other places, at much less than typical pricing. Bought a 1919 and a Boys Anti Tank Rifle out of the middle of a federal courtroom during a trial one time at about 40% of net prices. Same on some art work as well.

Point is, a seller is under an obligation to research stuff as well. Don't put all (or any of) the blame the buyers or the guys on Sturm.

My point on the deletion, I will assume deals were struck quickly, whether the first or 10th. Hard feelings happen when a buyer is "forced" in to compromise because of pricing and counter offers.

Ken

Must.......have.........it.........back.........

Dang, that looks sweet. You bought it before we got it to the range to squeeze the trigger!!!!!

I ended up with the MG-42 and 1928 Thompson out of the deal; waiting on the 42 to clear. Looking back on it, I wish I would have kept one of the Stoners.

We had a lot of fun on that deal, and made some friends in the process.

Ken