Where to find EZ pull spring kit?

I just had a huge amount of wear to my FCG and my bolt....don't know if the EZ pull spring kit is to blame......

Almost everything in the fire control group was either worn down, to the point of not catching on each other, or peened over on edges. My trigger would fail to reset, and my bolt could not be held back anymore. The firing pin even appears to have some wear.

This all happened about 100 rounds after installing the EZ pull spring kit. I'm unsure whether the parts were just poor quality and this was going to happen either way, or the kit caused the excessive wear.

I just ordered the new parts, so I will install them with the stock springs and shoot a few hundred rounds. If everything seems fine I will then reinstall the lighter springs and see what happens.

Just wanted anyone reading to be aware, that there is a slight possibility of excessive/premature wear on parts. But not confirmed at this point.

I will add that this occurred after a short barrel was installed, so I'm not sure if the blowback operation is effected by the short barrel with these springs?

Bender,

If possible, take some good close up pictures of the wear and damage you're talking about. This would be very interesting to see and evaluate. Good luck, JB

Bender,

If possible, take some good close up pictures of the wear and damage you're talking about. This would be very interesting to see and evaluate. Good luck, JB

Yeah, that would be interesting to see...I've put literally thousands of rounds through mine, and never had any undue wear or tear.

Rob

I'll get some pics up later today hopefully. The parts came in this morning so I'll rebuild the lower as well.

I really am wondering if the short barrel can be blamed because of the higher blowback pressure. This spring kit was probably designed with a 16" 27a1 barrel in mind, not the subgun barrel.....

Any thoughts on this?

I'll get some pics up later today hopefully. The parts came in this morning so I'll rebuild the lower as well.

I really am wondering if the short barrel can be blamed because of the higher blowback pressure. This spring kit was probably designed with a 16" 27a1 barrel in mind, not the subgun barrel.....

Any thoughts on this?

I'd guess the SBR is not an issue. As I understand it, the pressure pulse of a .45 ACP is dropping by the time the projectile goes much past the 5"-6" mark. There still is pressure, of course, but the velocity curve for the projectile is flattening out. According to one graph I looked at, there is less than ten percent increase in .45 ACP ammo velocity between a 10" barrel and a 16" barrel.

Keep in mind also, Kahr does sell factory SBR model Thompsons, and to the best of my knowledge they use the same recoil and firing pin springs.

MHO, YMMV, et cetera.

• 3 weeks later...

OK; I got the McMaster-Carr parts in and aside from the buffer material being a bit of a pain to work with, the rest of it seems to fit together and it really DOES cut down on the effort to cock it. Now to get the mag catch working/replaced and be able to test fire it. Thanks for the listing on the parts to order for it, Joe H.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

You better think twice before dealing with this guy!

Getting a refund from is like pulling teeth! I've been talking to him via emails and phone calls for two months now. He always tells me "it is on the way", and I haven't received my money to date. What a liar he is!

PM me and I will give you the entire history of this nightmare.

The person I'm talking about is ; Damon from tommygunner.com

I also ordered an EZ-pull spring kit from iDamon at tommygunner.com. I sent payment by check on 9/22/17. Still waiting after 30 days. The check was cashed and I retained a copy as proof of purchase. I left him a message inquiring if he sent the kit in the mail yet. No response. I'm really hoping that he is a stand up guy and sends the kit. Perhaps he is busy with other projects, I don't know. Just biding my time presently and remaining patient. I don't want to have to report anyone to the BBB, but will do so if forced to.

By way of introduction, this is my first post here after lurking for years. I've been doing German WWII reenactment for many years, and have collected a few nice German firearms, but the Thompson SMG has always had a special place in my heart. Nice to see all of you.

Edited by DARIVS

• 1 month later...

Fourth reminder in three months to iDamon to send the EZ-Pull Kahr Tommy kit I ordered. I think that he's run out of excuses. Last time he said for the second time that they are in stock. This is a warning to all who want to lighten the recoil springs in your Kahr Thompson: DO NOT order from this irresponsible man at the link below. You will not get your order.

http://www.tommygunner.com/pages/contactus/successfulsubmit.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Fourth reminder in three months to iDamon to send the EZ-Pull Kahr Tommy kit I ordered. I think that he's run out of excuses. Last time he said for the second time that they are in stock. This is a warning to all who want to lighten the recoil springs in your Kahr Thompson: DO NOT order from this irresponsible man at the link below. You will not get your order.

did you mail in the order, he works by check only

did you mail in the order, he works by check only

Read post 66, he cashed the check.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, iDamon is officially a ripoff artist. The Better Business Bureau has not been able to help. He cashed our check, took the money, and I never heard back from him. DO NOT deal with TommyGunner.com. If you call his phone number, you get a used car dealership. Read it for yourself:

Kurt Suleski
(HOME ADDRESS REMOVED)

Dear Kurt Suleski:

This is in reference to your complaint against TommyGunner.com. Your complaint was assigned ID 12556521.

Your BBB has tried to present your complaint to TommyGunner.com in an attempt to resolve this matter to your mutual satisfaction. Unfortunately, despite our efforts, we have received no response to your complaint. We attempted to contact TommyGunner.com through written correspondence twice on your behalf, but we must now close this matter in our files. This does not minimize the importance of your concerns, nor is it any reflection on the validity of your dispute.

You may now want to pursue this matter through an alternative resource. To view a list of agencies you may wish to contact for additional assistance, please visit: http://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/public/Agency/.

Your BBB helps settle many marketplace disputes between consumers and businesses, but please understand that we are not an enforcement agency and we cannot compel a business to settle your complaint in a particular way, nor can we compel them to respond. BBB mediation is a voluntary process requiring the good faith and willing participation of both parties to a dispute.

The firm’s failure to respond to your complaint will be reflected in its BBB record. A firm’s rating may be affected by its failure to answer even one complaint. Your experience may, therefore, alert other inquirers seeking information through the BBB.

Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.

Sincerely,

Mid-Hudson Dispute Services
Complaint Analyst
Phone: (914) 333-0550 Ext: 211