Group Industries BAR Owners

This message is in reference to the earlier post about getting Group Industries BAR's into the C&R registry. I spoke with Dave Albert about the West Hurley Thompson guns.He referred me to a ATF expert who now works as a firearms consultant....Richard Vasquez. Richard informed me that it may be possible, but five to ten owners would be a good number for the petition to include the Group gun.So I need your help.If you own a group gun and do not have a C&R license,they are cheap and easy to get.Thirty dollars every three years and no more travel letters for the gun! Richard also needs to know the original sales price of the gun.

An owner having a C+R FFL03 isn't a prerequisite for ATF assigning C+R status to the Group BARs. The guns already meet one of the two requirements which is collector value, interest and cost, and complying with only one criteria is all that is necessary.

There isn't an MG in the registry that does not comply with that requirement! FWIW

Bob That was not what i was eluding to. I just wanted to point out how handy having a C&R license is if you own a NFA weapon that is in the C&R registry. Also do remember what the sales price of these guns were when Group was selling them?