Special 1928A1

OK, I just saw another post by Scrambles that I did not approve, and have reconsidered my decision to give him another chance...

David Albert

dalbert@sturmgewehr.com

David,

Thanks again for all you do to keep this board amazing. I know you work a real job and have a family and dont know how you find time to check the posts here and on Sturm but Ive seen you in action and applaud your work here!

Ron

• Upvote 2

and I 'third' what both Ron & Frank have said,

Thanks David for your attention to keeping the forum a place we can enjoy visiting, posting and learning from.

Stay safe

Richard

• Upvote 1

Since this thread mentions the Berthier swivel that the French added to their Colt Thompson buttstocks, I'd like to request help in finding a couple of the swivels. These swivels were originally found on the buttstocks of Lebel-Berthier rifles from the late 1800's and early 1900's.

If you know of a source for a couple of these swivels, please let me know.

Thanks.

Roger

• 7 months later...

Sorry for digging this old one up again, but a few questions. RChapman - are you in the UK? Gun looks like a UK Dewat. If so, then do you know why the lower is cleaned up and for sale in Las Vegas right now?? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-colt-lower-and-parts/283120439400 I asked the seller a few questions - nothing yet.

OK so I just figured out RChapman is banned. But the question stands...

9283 pic.JPG

Edited by giantpanda4

Agree that the comoline should be removed. It's hydroscopic; it absorbs and holds moisture from the air around it. No harm done of course if the piece was stored protected from moisture, or in a dry environment.

Sorry for digging this old one up again, but a few questions. RChapman - are you in the UK? Gun looks like a UK Dewat. If so, then do you know why the lower is cleaned up and for sale in Las Vegas right now?? https://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-colt-lower-and-parts/283120439400 I asked the seller a few questions - nothing yet.

OK so I just figured out RChapman is banned. But the question stands...

I know Rchapman was in Europe, I believe that he was from Italy because he used to sell a bunch of stuff on eBay and it was all shipped from Italy

Thanks - that is what I thought. Just a little foggy now!

So the seller emailed me back. I asked where it is located right now as I saw it in Europe a few months ago. We will see the answer...

Interesting. The seller on eBay is definitely in Vegas as I've bought Thompson items from him before like my M1 riveted grip mount bar. If that trigger frame is/was the same number that was in Europe a while back then I'm guessing he bought it and is now trying to sell it here. Not sure about the grip due to the aforementioned picture quality.

Andrew