Mgc Thompson

Hello,

I join this board a few weeks back and i must say it's the best around.

I don't have a real thompson and anyone knowing Canada will know that's an impossiblity here.Fortunately a while back(1990 when it was legal as replicas are no longer legal here) i bought a MGC Thompson, but it was only a replica wall thing.My special thanks to Roger, Dan and Ben and Mark, because of them i was able to convert it into a cap firing one.I just fired it and damn what a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At first i had some problems, but the kind gentlemen mentioned above took time to explain the intricacies of the magazine lips and also filing the inside of my MGC drum to accept a real thompson rotor.

AWESOME!!!!I can just imagine what you guys feel when you fire off the real one!!!!!When i first tried it the cartridges came out with such force that one even broke the glass off a picture hanging on the wall and the rest pockmarked the wall.My girlfriend was furious!!! i, on the other hand had a shit eating grin!!!!

Tried the drum for the first time today and man what a buzz!!!!!!!

I always found the thompson machinegun to be the most beautiful gun ever devised and created.

Say guys, is there any photos of scantily clad women with a thompson?

I remember seeing some photos of women with guns posted here, but none with a tommy.

Take care and keep up the great hobby!

Sincerely,

Mario Gomes

www.alcaponemuseum.com

Hi Mario, I am glad to hear that you finally got the MGC Thompson "firing" it is a blast to fire one isn't it? And yes, the cartridges will destroy lamps, kitchen cabinets, pictures etc. So, it's always a good idea to clear the area of breakables before opening up!

Chi,

Welcome to the forum!

While I do not live in Canada, I believe there is at least one forum member who perhaps lives in a Western province and is a legit Thompson owner. I am left with the impression that commerce in Thompsons (all machine guns actually) is rare but legal (as long as all the regulations are met) and the prices are (even taking the US to CA conversion into account) somewhat lower in CA than the US. Perhaps others can and will provide details.

Good luck!

Hmmm, should I ever decide to convert my MGC with that new firing pin gizmo, what's the rate of fire on full auto? Is that all I would need to do is add the firing pin???

Way to go on the breakage, Mario. Women do take a dim view of that sort of thing! That's why the dog house in my back yard has my name on it...I put it there.

QUOTE (Ron Mills @ Feb 21 2004, 04:16 PM)
Hmmm, should I ever decide to convert my MGC with that new firing pin gizmo, what's the rate of fire on full auto? Is that all I would need to do is add the firing pin???

Way to go on the breakage, Mario. Women do take a dim view of that sort of thing! That's why the dog house in my back yard has my name on it...I put it there.

Hi Ron,

You need to replace the firing pin and check your bolt if it has been cut like mine was by the manufacturer.If it's cut you need to replace that with a new one, then you are all set to fire in full auto.The rate of fire is at least 500 to 600 rounds per minute for sure.The pain in the butt is to open and reload the cartridges.It takes longer to do that than shooting them off.The feel is very very realistic.

How big is your doghouse maybe i can rent it?(Haa Haa!)And for Dan my girlfriend would care less about posing with a tommy http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif ,but check outMobwearclothing

There is one mighty fine babe with an abs thompson!!!

Mario

Mario, I use a mixture of hot water, vingar and baking soda to clean the cartridge casings it sure cleans the phosphorus residue out and helps the O-rings last longer. Besides, it helps to make the reloading job easier. Ron, I think the rate of fire of my MGC Thompson is about 750-850 RPM (maybe faster)

I hope this works. Here's the best I could find in pictures. I have this and scanned it for you. Enjoy boys!! It's Pamela Sue Martin from the 70's TV and movies.

http://mikesmachineguns.homestead.com/files/PSM.jpg