1928a1 Dummy Receiver

• 1 month later...

Try http://www.rguns.net Their aluminum receivers are $150.00 and come with tiny button head screws for attaching the rear sight. A Thompson barrel presses into the front with a good snug fit. They have fairly decent reciever markings on them with a blank spot for whatever serial number you like and a steel actuator knob that is fixed in the open position. They're black anodized and are darker than most of the original military parts but make a pretty nice looking setup when put together. (Especially if you add an adjustable Lyman.)

Best of luck. Tom

IMA has nice original Lyman adjustable sights for $200.00. And their $15.95 forward pistol grips can be worked into nice looking grips. I took one to work and milled the slot and top square with the grip. (It wasn't too bad but I wanted it just right.) I then scraped the finish down and sanded it to remove the bottom part of the square shoulder up at the top. After rounding the grip all around to follow the original contours better I applied a coat of dark walnut stain and put a half dozen coats of linseed oil on it and it looks quite at home on the dummy 28A1 I built.

Happy Tinkering, Tom