Colt Thompson M 1921, Sn 1562 Gary Farwell Best Of

This is a fully transferable M 1921 AC Colt Thompson in superb condition (about 98-99% original finish). This gun was originally purchased by the Pennsylvania State Police in 1921 and I purchased it from a broker in 1989. It has been carefully and securely stored since. It is located in Virginia. I will be accepting offers until I get one befitting to this nice example of the Thompson Submachine Gun. I will consider a WWII M1 or M1A1 fully transferable Thompson in like condition as a partial trade for this gun. Kindly email me with any questions or offers.

Contact Information

Name: Gary Farwell

Street Address:

City:

State/Province: Virginia

Zip/Postal Code: 23692

Telephone Number:

E-Mail Address: yopasha@hotmail.com

GH describes #1562 as a 1921A with a Savage frame and previously owned by John Juran who had it on display in 1992 at the Hershey PA State Police Academy. If this is the same TSMG that GH described with a mismatched lower frame and Cutts then Mr. Farwell needs to flesh out his ad. But if it is indeed in "98% original" condition then GH needs to up date the book.

Arthur,

I checked out the pictures on Subguns.com. The gun definitely has a WWII rear grip and a WWII variety magazine release, so the grip frame is probably a Savage. Looks like everything has been refinished to match.

It is impossible to tell from the photos if the compensatror was added later. Looks like Gordon has it listed essentially correctly.