wanted to buy bolt handle detent ball and spring mp40

After my handle partially closed by accident and lightly scratched the charging slot I red locktited the charging handle fully open. No need for the ball. Just an idea in case you dont find a spare Edited by huggytree

At one time, years ago, Ohio Ordnance Works had a guy that fixed MP40 problems,. You might try reaching out to Bob landes.

They used to sell a "kit" that consisted of the ball and spring. I had to replace one on a Wilson tube gun when the bolt handle went flying. Wish I would have bought several as they come in handy when the need arrises. I think it might be good to reach out to OOW and see if they have or if they would be willing to produce some new kits as I am sure they would sell quite a few of them. I know I would purchase a few to have on hand.

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed Ohio Ordnace Works and they said

"Unfortunately, we have not had MP40 Charging Handle kits in stock for quite a while."

That sucks. I will email them too and see if they can either make or source a sub to make some. I think they would sell quite a few. I bought mine back around 2003 so it has been a while.

Edited by NFA amnesty

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

After my handle partially closed by accident and lightly scratched the charging slot I red locktited the charging handle fully open. No need for the ball. Just an idea in case you dont find a spare

Of course, that defeats the safety's function.