Don't You Just Like>

all the ad's for the m.g's and accs. today??they will give you a free t-shirt...maybe a mag with purchase...and seem to never pay shipping.even if the price is $100,000.000 for the gun,long gone all the good old day's of a few extra's with the purchase..or maybe shipping included. or a manual or brochure...

and history about what they are selling is just heresay from the last dealer they bought it from..

some don't even know a little about what they sell.sad fact,but true...

i figure in about twenty five to thirty year's.. the desert vet's will be pushing fifty...........and all they will remember is the neat m-4 they had..and they couldn't bring anything neat back...and grand-pa's ole "45'' still hanging in the closet.

and then they will spot a ad for sale....desert use m-4 in great shape..with mag and sling.$39,500.00 wink!!

everybody have a great fall season.don't spend too much,and keep safe.

and enjoy it all,even if you have to pay the SHIPPING!!

and the current "G"price.

take care,ron

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Oct 4 2005, 06:10 PM)
Ron,

Did you ever charge a separate fee for filling out ATF Forms to cover  botched or lost transfers and for following up on the pending status of them for a customer who bought an mg from your inventory?

ANY respectable dealer wouldn't think of it. Maybe that's why there are so many that are not respected. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

I repeat..........Any respectable dealer wouldn't.

There is a local dealer who is a member of this board who by my findings is the best you could ask for. Not gonna tell who, but he knows. This dealer was by far friendlier and more knowledgeable then others I have talked to and worked with. I won't even deal with a person if they have that holier then thou attitude about owning a gun. They can kiss my oily butt stock! There is one in perticular in Indiana that won't even say high to you at a gun show if your looking at his stuff! Obviously they don't need my money. The one I deal with now, will even come out to our shoots and have fun with us.

And in this day and age of everything is on the net, all you have to do is go to www.titleii.com and download the form and put in the info and print the freakin' thing out! How f@cking hard is that? Can't the dealer remember his info? If I was buying a gun and the guy says there is a additional $200 for paper work...kiss my ball dude. I'll go somewhere else. just shows that DEALER GREED is growing and if they don't watch out, it will bite you in the ass. Remember, sale one at a overpriced rate, get a bad rep, or sale ten and a lower rate and make more money and a good rep? Huh? What would you do? I know what I would do.

Mike: Thanks for sticking up for the Respectable Dealers. I agree completely.

Arthur: If Minority = Integrity, I subscribe to that. As colt21a would say, "Don't cross over to the dark side".

colt21a: Your experience always shows. Thanks a million.

From my own point of view, if I were a dealer/seller in Cl. 3: Why not just TELL THE TRUTH??? I do it in my job; always have.

Be safe,

Ron

You'd think it would be easier just to raise the asking price, rather than to P.O. the buyer. It's like Ebay sellers selling a five dollar item and putting a $15 postage and handling fee.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Oct 4 2005, 06:10 PM)
Ron,

Did you ever charge a separate fee for filling out ATF Forms to cover botched or lost transfers and for following up on the pending status of them for a customer who bought an mg from your inventory?

art it never happened on my watch..heck man in alot of deal's i lost money.and sold alot at cost over the past ten year's alone.....many a thompson went out for a few hundred profit....other's more...in the overall scheme of thing's....at least broke even, but i had to sell a heck of alot of gun's to make money at small margin....

and when i figure in the extra's i threw in on alot of deal's...the kranky buyer's made out..{and they know who they are}wink!!

remember i had a profitable ins.agency keeping me going in those lean year's...

so "thompson profit" never entered into it...

now today dealer's do other thing's beside's and still make out like fat cat's..

in the end, they all pass on. and nothing to remember or mention of worth that they did!

what's wrong with shooting straight.and trying to be fair. however sometime's the better you treat people the more they krap on you..as if fairness and a good deal is a sign of weakness..not in my book.

it's being a person of respect,

however today thats dashed on the rock's of the cliff's of $$$

and sad as it really is.... we won't see those fine time's again..

for those who did. a fading memory.

give it another ten or twenty year's.. you will see the truth!

i already have scene the future> it is dark..wink!

take care,ron