Heads Up Colt Lovers

TnKen, when have you ever seen the expression in propria persona used outside of a court filing?

Never, nor have I ever seen it in a legal pleading. Had to look it up in Black's Law dictionary "In one's own proper person". Similar to the term I do see, pro se.

Ken

Question: What if anything is going to keep this guy from crawfishing on the deal beofe the transfer is complete?

I've transfered quite a few guns in my time, but never seen anything remotely close to this circus.

BTW: I only wish I'd had the pleasure to own 1/2 as many transferables as Hyper Sniper.......

TD

Fess up, who boarded a plane for Oregon last night?????

He now has the gun marked sold. Wonder if he "clarified" his deal again and gave it to the first e-mail?

Ken

He hasn't reverted to the fair first email who wrote "I'll take it" but instead he has created a lottery pick from the 7 who called him on Thursday. Whomever gets #1 will have a certain amount of time to get the check to him , if not, he moves on to #2 and so on.

Good Luck to #1 !!!

Sounds like the guy is into control mind games, even though he denies it. It takes a certain amount of courage to send a 20 to 30K check, even for an ordinary sale. However, to make people jump like this is just wrong. My two cents, certainly not enough for a Colt.

QUOTE (Z3BigDaddy @ Jul 21 2005, 12:26 PM)
The really stupid thing is, "I do want to sell Colt SN 1616, the price is $23,500.00", well great then take the "first" email that said, "I'll take it!", and sell the damn thing. Emails are time stamped just take the earliest one and be done with it.... This whole convulted Bravo Sierra is just that.... Maybe I should just drive up there and buy the damn thing and put him out of his misery.....

just got back on line.cable blow out for three day/s,fax out and copier...i really need this now....anyways big daddy go up there and put him out of his misery.give him some monopoly money to play with!!wink!! he is not worth your time..stay home and enjoy life!

take care,ron

QUOTE (TNKen @ Jul 21 2005, 12:30 PM)
TnKen, when have you ever seen the expression in propria persona used outside of a court filing?

Never, nor have I ever seen it in a legal pleading.  Had to look it up in Black's Law dictionary "In one's own proper person".  Similar to the term I do see, pro se.

Ken

Actually, Propria Persona is not the same as Pro Se.

Propria Persona means in one's proper person

Pro Se actually means "on one's behalf", as representing one's self in court which in turn shows the court that you've acquised to the court's authority

Ok guys, I know hardly didily about Thompsons but I did pick up some information when I helped sell a Colt 1921AC. My questions are as follows:

1. Should the model number of the gun not be 1921AC since it has a Cutts compensator?
2. A friend of mine who is onto Thompsons said that the 21AC I helped sell was correct since the Cutts comp did not have any markings on it and that the Cutts logo and patent numbers were added later in the production run. Does this mean that the Cutts on this gun is from a later model gun?
3. Assuming question 3 is true, my friend told me a story of J Curtis Earl had taken many 1921A guns and added Cutts to them thinking that would increase their value (of course it later turned out the 1921A was rarer due to no Cutts comp on it). Could this gun be one of those?
4. This guy obviously has Internet access, why the seemingly low price for this gun?

No replies to my questions?

what q.?? no mark's early comp.other's type 1,2,3,4, and whatever afterwards,there are book's that cover all the comp's,

and mongo i really don't care anymore in class three whatever sell's for what!!

most have lost the history of it all.the men and women that built them. and the use by men of the time,and women!

and the battle's on both the side's of law and order.

now it's just a $$$ game!

13,500 23,500 49,500.........it's a game now....so anyone can grab the gusto...

to anybody that has been in the game for awhile,they know of what i speak!

to those that don't.........they will never know...time's have changed.people change.. the metal and wood stay's the same.{unless somebody refinished it} wink!

have fun enjoy life................because thats a fleeting thing!gun's will always be....remember anybody who was anybody with the original 1921 is long gone!

the gun's are still around..

take care,ron

p.s. p.u. richardson's book's may help a little on comp's and such...and look at a few, remember some are current made also.i have seen over eight type's..including the infamous "earl pearl" comp..

colt21a,

I'm not out to start a flame war/ purse fight but this is how I is how I would sum up your answer:

Basically "Go buy a book on Thompsons"

What is this discussion board for if not to ask questions and share information? As I stated in my post, I don't know squat about Thompsons and I really have no desire to go out and purchase an expensive book to answer four little questions. If you ask some question about Stoners I would not tell you to go read a book but answer your question to the best of my ability. Its not like I asked for the complete history of every Cutts Comp ever installed on a Thompson, just some basic facts concerning this gun. I am trying to further a little of my knowledge on Thompsons but I really have no desire to buy any publications on the gun. IF I owned one or was looking to buy one, well that would be different but all I wanted was a quick answer to the questions. As for the price, we all know that C3 items are going through the roof, I was just interested was there some reason why this particular gun might be so "cheap" compared to other sales lately. Did it being "tainted" by JC Earl drive the asking price?

Colt21a, I not trying to be nasty, just hoping to point out that discussion boards are not just for people to say been there done that to every question asked.

Thanks for helping me with previous questions I have asked earlier.

Mongo,

One of the best ways I've found to get answers on ANY board is to make blanket statements on a subject and sit back and watch the fur fly. Anytime someone sees an incorrect statement, guys are all over it to "set the record straight." So I'll stick my neck out on your questions, tell you what I think, and wait till a more RKI steps up to the plate.

1. When Colt added the compensators to 21A's, they added the C. If Earl did the same, I don't know.

2.I haven't done any research on comps, but an unmarked comp may be an early one put on by Colt.

3.I would not doubt Curtis added comps to guns to broaden their appeal. Rumor has it that he made a lot of changes and swapped parts on guns for various reasons to suit himself or customers. I, of course, have no first hand knowledge of this.

4.Price-people are asking more for their guns than market simply to push the envelope and maximize their return. Sometimes you score. But a knowlegable collector will recognize the elements of a Thompson that make it more valuable than another. Having parts replaced, well worn finish, lack of verifiable history, or refinished surfaces are just a few things which hold down a value of a rare Colt.

That's my .02, which is more than my opinion is worth on this subject. Now let's see who will challenge my statements or corroborate.

i have been nowhere and have done nothing..and am as dumb as a stump!!

and thats the name of that tune. baretta:

by all mean's listen up here and you will get the answer's you seek,YODA........

just don't go over to the dark side when you read my reply........it's dangerous..wink!!

have humor the best medicine... take care,ron