Doug Richardson

I am happy to convey some good news. The 7th eye operation I had resulted in a substantial improvement in my vision. As a result, I have gotten all the tools shown in my Thompson catalog made and in stock. Many of you are probably in shock that this week you received the tools you had back ordered with me. To my knowledge, there are no remaining tool back orders. If any one is still waiting for tools from me, call me or e-mail me about it. I will be starting on pilots, buffers and bolt handles right away. Receivers require better vision than I have at the moment (operation #8 is coming soon) but I have started getting the machines ready. By popular demand, I have resurrected and redesigned an old product of mine, the “27A1 detachable buttstock adaptor kitâ€. This kit includes an adaptor plate, screws and instructions for modifying a Numrich/Kahr 27A1 trigger housing to accept a 1928 Thompson detachable buttstock mounted close to the top of the trigger housing like a TSMG. Milling, drilling and tapping are required to prepare the trigger housing to accept the adaptor plate. The kit is $45. Another new product is a reprint of the Army SNL manual of 1936 which is the only documentation I am aware of that describes the 1928A1 Colt-made TSMG. This gun is the Army version of the 1928 Navy Overstamp gun. The two guns are identical except for the markings. The manual shows all the accessories, parts (including the offset swivel and other information applicable to the gun in 1936.

A note of appreciation to all the Thompson people who have shown me so much support and encouragement regarding my vision problems. I have been through hell with 7 operations, $200,000 in medical bills, being zonked on medication for weeks at a time, being able to see fairly well one week and hardly at all the next for the last 2 years. I have been ready to quit the Thompsons (and everything else) so many times, but then someone starts talking Thompson with me, tells me not to worry about getting so far behind and that everyone is being patient in hopes that I will get all my Thompson products made again because they like them so much. You have no idea how much that has meant to me. Thank you all.

Glad tp hear you are on the road to recovery - you and your products have been missed. Hope to see you in Az in December at the SAR show.

Doug,

Congrats on getting better, wish you didn't need another operation though.

Check out the thread that Zamm has regarding a removable front grip. THis might be something you could tinker at which would thrill all of us if came to fruition- might be right up your alley.

Doug

To all the best to you and don't give up. As in the past you'll be in the prayers for a speedy recovery.-adlake

hey who let bill douglas in here????wink!

hi bill! also doug glad you are feeling and seeing better.stay safe and healthy....remember all this other stuff is just fun....it's the mind and health that is important.....everything else is window dressing for the real show..... hope to see you at s.a.r.in dec....just think t-shirt's in dec... have a good summer.take care,ron

Doug,

You are a rarity-a true craftsman whose pride in his work is evident in the final product. That's hard to find today so we better damn well support the ones we have !

Best wishes and good health to you-

Doug,

Glad to hear you are doing better.

May you have nothing but good health from here on!

Zamm