Fair Price

i just looked at a colt 1921 ser# 2xxx in what i would call 90% has L type drum, 4 20 rd stick mags and fbi type hard case . what is a fair price for this gun. what should i look for to see if everything is original. same guy has had it since 1977 and he has doone nothing to it

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/huh.gif Hey kcrnut, neighbor!....I agree with John, on the price....Is this a local gun near Knob Creek ?,, Does this gun have anything to do with a William Lipps ?..........neighbor jw

KCN, ... John jr. is close on 18k-20k,...depends if all the stuff is original, could be higher...or lower.Take a book , Gordon`s, Tracie`s ,..to check numbers along with you,pictures help,be patient and Good Luck! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Knob,

More to the point, what does the seller want for it? In the past year, run of the mill 21A's, 1921AC's, 28 Navy's, and 1927 Colt's have sold for $19K to $28K, depending on the circumstances, actual condition, accesories, history of gun, etc. One person's 90% is another person's 96%, and another's 80%.

its worth to you what your limit is,if you can spend 12,000 thats it,if another guy can spend 20,000 thats it,if i can spend,$1.97 thats it............

sell the dog and the harley,and buy it..........since 1977 he probably paid a grand...............so anything over that is his profit............

tell him i will pay 10,000 and sell it to somebody here for 11,000...............oh!!! the fun of colt's........

offer what you can afford comfortably.......and the next guy will top it,and somebody will top that...........

does the madness ever stop..............wink!!

and remember originality ,condition,parts and history......

don't just go hog wild because its a "colt"

kent lomont had a sample 28 navy parked finish at the s.a.r.show for 10,000..........guys said wow kool!!!

i was sad,parked and abused...............but some numb nut.......will buy it................its the ferrari,phase the 60's car...harley thing, silver horde,stock craze all over again.....

so walk carefully.................because i can guarantee this guy was not in a cave for 20 years................looking for a fish to take the big money bite..............wink!! have fun.....

take care,ron colt/21a