Colt '21 Roll Die Lettering

Does anyone know the name of the typeface or engraver's font Colt used in making up the original roll dies for the Thompson lettering? I've compared enlarged images of the lettering with many fonts currently available but nothing matches exactly. I suspect Colt may have used one of the standard Gorton (or similar) engraver typefaces available at the time - I doubt they would have designed one specially for the Thompson.

Well all i can say it is so close to actual engraving on the Colts it could fool just about anybody...as far as the ones i have seen there was not raised metal around the Colt stampings unless during finishing the stampings were leveled...but i am sure if it was die stamped it must have been real well maintained...unlike the WWII Thompsons dies were not consistent from one gun to the next...some high some low...some deeper at the top and some deeper impressed on the bottom...

It must of been some serious artisan who made up those stamps...and would love to see the machine and know the pressure from the press they did it on...If it was a Gorton or similar machine those fonts are on ebay from time to time...

Somebody somewhere must have an archive of the details and images of the Colts and Savage guns being marked & manufactured...but like a lot of things Thompson, there are those out there not willing to share...but that's my conspiracy theory...has anybody on the board EVER seen images of the Thompsons being marked or manufactured or is that a Freedom of Information Act thing also? Anybody willing to share?