Hello

I have one of the new Thompson M1 and I wanted to put all GI parts in it like bolt, mag catch, stock set, buffer and all new spring. What I want to know is will the parts just drop in to place?

Thank you

Is this for a FA Conversion? NO, the Receiver was manufactured shorter than a standard M1 TSMG, thus an original M1 Bolt will not drop in. You may change the Stock, Rear Grip, Magazine Catch (You can modify your Mag Catch to take Unmodified TSMG Magazines..Check the FAQ) NO, you can't use an M1 Buffer. An original Horizontal won't fit, since Kahr uses a 3/4" Grip Mount, and the Barrel Contour is different.

OK thanks I'm glad I ask before I bought all the parts. I just took the forearm off it has a long crack on the bottom and there is a S stamp on it and the rear grip also.

Thanks

This post has been edited by M-2 CARBINE on Jan 22 2005, 12:55 AM

It sounds as if you already have a WW2 Production Savage Rear Grip and Horizontal Forearm. One can modify an Original Horizontal by making the Slot wider for the larger Grip Mount, and it appears that this was done, and perhaps the cause of the crack. Also, the Horizontal would need to be modified to fit the SA Barrel. There are two ways to install an Original Horizontal. Register the Gun as a SBR, install an M1 Barrel, and proper Grip Mount. OR, have your Barrel contoured to M1 Specs, and replace the Grip Mount. In this instance, I'd keep what you already have, and perhaps obtain an extra Horizontal from Kahr as a replacement should you ever need one.