• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 michaelkih

michaelkih

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 846 posts

Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:10 PM

Any other Luger fans here? I have two nice and matching WWII Lugers and really enjoy them. I want to get a nice early DWM one and a nice early American Eagle one eventually too.

I recently found out about the Luger Man 45 Lugers, and Im impressed as hell. $8,000 aint cheap, but I like limited production stuff, and dang its cool! I just sent off my deposit check!

Anyone else here have one or have any thoughts on them? Just curious.

https://youtu.be/4mi4EhwqglY

https://youtu.be/qKhZlfGHl6g

#2 Speeddemon02

Speeddemon02

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 368 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Trucks, Games, and Woodworking

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:00 AM

He does great work and as far as I am aware the only way to get one in calibers other than the originals

#3 jl7422

jl7422

Long Time Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 200 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:11 AM

Just out of curiosity, did he have one in stock for you to purchase, or is this for a future lot?

#4 Mike Hammer

Mike Hammer

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 877 posts
  • Interests:Travel, sun worshiper, margaritas, hot chicks, painting, scuba diving, movies, collecting movie memorabilia and autographs, guns, hot chicks, micro-beers, hot chicks, and did I say hot chicks?

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:06 PM

Mike, so now they are asking 8K to make one of these guns? Curious to know the wait time for these. I love the Lugers ( I own 3) but the price is a bit steep. It looks like more of an investment gun rather than something you would shoot. Very nice workmanship though. Thanks for the post.

Mike Hammer

#5 michaelkih

michaelkih

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

Just out of curiosity, did he have one in stock for you to purchase, or is this for a future lot?

I am part of the 2019 run. He said they should be ready in 3-4 months. No biggie to me.

#6 michaelkih

michaelkih

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:25 PM

Mike, so now they are asking 8K to make one of these guns? Curious to know the wait time for these. I love the Lugers ( I own 3) but the price is a bit steep. It looks like more of an investment gun rather than something you would shoot. Very nice workmanship though. Thanks for the post.

Mike Hammer

Yes the price went up for sure, but I dont mind. It seems to be an exact copy and one that runs perfectly like an original gun would, or maybe even better. Excited to add it to the collection. Wasnt easy as I could get 1-3 nice Lugers for the price of this one, but a 45 Luger in my collection? Hell yes!

#7 michaelkih

michaelkih

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 846 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 07:26 PM

He does great work and as far as I am aware the only way to get one in calibers other than the originals

Good to hear!

#8 Baltimoreed11754

Baltimoreed11754

• Regular Group
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Martial double action revolvers, military history, Wild Bunch cowboy action shoots, reloading.

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:32 PM

Ive also looked hard at these but last year bought a Webley Fosbury and this year a 02 Tj so maybe after the first of the year. Sure are a cool pistol. Want to say Ive seen one and a .45 Savage trials gun at the Maryland Military Antique Show last March.

Edited by Baltimoreed11754, 24 September 2019 - 07:16 AM.

#9 DougStump

DougStump

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 354 posts

Posted 25 September 2019 - 08:02 PM

Did someone say Fosbery?

Attached Files

#10 halftrack

halftrack

Long Time Member

• Board Donor
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 06:38 AM

Dont quote me on this but I believe the US Army had trials for .45 cal Lugers pre-WW2. I believe two examples were submitted for testing......I see now, Lugerman states this on their website.

Edited by halftrack, 26 September 2019 - 06:43 AM.

#11 BillyDixon

BillyDixon

• Regular Group
  • 201 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:30 PM

will it have a stock lug ? incase someone wants to NFA it, then it would really be neat, just thinkin.

#12 johnsonlmg41

johnsonlmg41

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 810 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:46 PM

Years ago I sent him money for a small part.  After a year, I requested a refund.  Not easy to get, but I did get it.

https://luger.gunboa...hp/t-32534.html

Hopefully it works out for you, but personally, I would never do that again.

#13 michaelkih

michaelkih

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 846 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 10:56 PM

Understandable and thank you. It appears that things have changed with these Lugers for the better. Thank you though.

Years ago I sent him money for a small part.  After a year, I requested a refund.  Not easy to get, but I did get it.

https://luger.gunboa...hp/t-32534.html

Hopefully it works out for you, but personally, I would never do that again.

#14 Merry Ploughboy

Merry Ploughboy

Long Time RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 1085 posts

Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:36 AM

Decades ago there was a gunsmith who custom made .45 ACP Luger pistols by partially cutting off sides of two WWII vintage 9mm pistols and welding the wider sections together.  IIRC, he turned his own barrels.  I don't recall what he did for magazines.  I don't think he made very many of the pistols.

Be well.

#15 dalbert

dalbert

Website Owner

• Admin
  • 4829 posts

Posted 29 September 2019 - 01:26 PM

That sure is a pricey pistol, but ever so cool...

David