N.Y. AG Letitia James seeking to dissolve the NRA

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/06/new-york-nra-lawsuit-ag-james-accuses-gun-group-execs-of-self-dealing.html

"According to the suit, the senior leadership of the NRA squandered millions in donations on personal trips, private jets and expensive meals."

"The suit argues that the four executives, including CEO Wayne LaPierre, shouldn’t be permitted to ever again serve on the board of a New York charity."

The suit was filed in New York county in the New York State Supreme Court. At a press conference announcing the suit, James said the NRA was “a breeding ground for greed, abuse, and brazen illegality.”

Arthur,

Unfortunately Oliver North was accusing Wayne L of the same thing and pushed for an audit. He was shuffled off to the broom closet and told to shut up.

Wayne appears to be surrounded by yes men who don't dare cross him.

There has been several attempts to get rid of Wayne, beginning with Neil Knox. All have failed.

The NY attorney general might succeed where Oliver and Neil failed , but the question is, will we be better off or worse.

Roscoe favors getting rid of Wayne no matter what happens later . He might learn you have to be careful what you wish for.

As I have said many times,--These are the times that try men's souls.

Jim C

• Upvote 1

Speaking as Benefactor Life Member, Wayne must go!

And his "yes" men.

​The sad thing is we need a strong NRA in this election year!

So he screwed us again!

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23295&hl=%2Bwayne+%2Blapierre&do=findComment&comment=206526

This thread and the above thread shows there is no love lost for Wayne on this board. But what about the non Class III community? Do they imagine Wayne is an effective representative for the 2nd Amendment? Putting aside his embezzlement...for a second, there are nagging problems with his performance. He is definitely not telegenic, nor is he an effective communicator with the media.

While this latest effort to neuter the NRA will no doubt galvanize membership support for the organization, and possibly more turnout in November, it is up to the membership and firearm periodicals and firearm websites to speak up for a change of the CEO/executive vice president. Otherwise, Wayne will consider the uproar over the lawsuit as being an endorsement and support of his leadership.

I have told the NRA they can kiss my ass as far as seeing another dime from me until Wayne L is gone, and Im an endowment member too!!! I have no use for their training certifications either as its setup that if you pay and cansit through a class without committing suicide, you pass. The NRA has been drunk on its own bullshit for far too long.
  • Upvote 1

Well, I hope all those here watched FOX NEWS last night as I did.

Turns out the NY AG not only wants to please Roscoe, by getting Wayne,' but wants to please anti 2nd amendment folks every where.

She is not only after Wayne and 3 flunkies, but she's after the entire NRA organization.

Apparently she has the idea of confiscating whatever money Wayne didn't spend and giving it to charitable organizations such as BLM, handgun control,

the DNC etc.

And she is doing this in a presidential election year. A time when the NRA would normally be donating money to GOP candidates across the country.

The NRA will now have to spend much of the money used to support friends , to instead fight the NY AG lawsuit.

I hope we realize, and soon, that the enemy is much smarter than us.

While we are giggling uncontrollably about the prospect of getting rid of Wayne , the NY AG is focused on getting rid of us.

Only Roscoe will be happy with the outcome.

A public service message.

Jim C

Guys I agree with all of the above. The NRA should have gotten ride of Wayne long ago. One thing that the NRA has done during election years is support candidates that supported 2 amendment rights. The NRA will not be able to fund the President or others because they will have to spend those funds to fight this lawsuit. If Biden and the progressives get in office they will come after our guns . What's to stop them from coming after FA guns to.

Be careful what you wish for.

Frank

The sad truth is that by tying itself to the GOP the NRA has made itself irrelevant. If the election goes the way it appears to be headed, they will have zero influence in Congress. In the old days (pre-80) they concentrated on shooting sports and gun safety education. They had a political element but never endorsed a candidate. They simply rated candidates from both parties based solely on their voting records, letting the members decide on whom to support. That gave them legitimate influence in both parties. Today, not so much since they have driven any pro-gun pols out of the Democratic party.

Edited by StrangeRanger

StrangeRanger

If you don't think that the Democratic Party has changed in the last 15 years you have your head in the sand. The old Dems where not that opposed to the 2nd Amendment. Today the Dems want to take your guns away if they get control. If you are really a gun guy you better wake up.

Frank

...which is EXACTLY the point I was making. By abandoning any pro-gun Democrats out of its fealty to the GOP the NRA has guaranteed that gun-owners have no constituency in the Democratic Party

Did the NRA abandon Democrats or did Democrats abandon the NRA?

In 1995, the Blue Dog Coalition was created for moderate Democrats. Their total number in Congress was 25 members.

In 2018, the Blue Dog PAC returned $10K in NRA contributions to the NRA.

"In keeping with the Blue Dog PAC's decision not to accept NRA money, it would be prudent and correct that they return any contributions received this cycle." Florida Rep. Charlie Christ

If the Democratic JFK administration were in place today they would be considered far Right extremists. That's how much the Democratic party has changed over the years,

MH

The NRA will not be able to fund the President or others because they will have to spend those funds to fight this lawsuit.

Added to that expense are the millions Wayne has spent on himself, his family and his friends. Those misappropriated millions could have gone a long way in protecting the 2nd Amendment.

Roscoe,

The NY AG is looking for a few good Americans to testify as to what a bad guy Wayne L is.

Why don't you give her a call and volunteer to testify against Wayne and the NRA.

It might make you feel better. Make sure you tell her that the reason you hate Wayne is because you can't make a machinegun anymore and Wayne is responsible. You will have her undivided attention.

Jim C

Just an FYI. The NY action is against the NRA proper which is a 501c3 corporation. It doesn't attack its Political Action Committee, the NRA-PVF or NRA-ILA. The PAC is reputedly well funded for the present election cycle.

Dan

Hopefully so, Wayne was bleeding one part of the NRA to fund another at one point.

I think the Oliver North was saying the same against Wayne as to his lavish spending he was pushed out or resigned when the rest of the board didnt back him

Frank