Close Call For Brian (pca16)

Good luck with the recovery. Don't rush it!

And now we know why I carry a Cobra - with the hammer on an empty chamber.

I wish you well!

I will not belabor this but will make the following comments to Phil;

In spite of your placating words, you have accused honorable officers of lying to cover their imagined inadequacies.

In spite of my statement that the information I would provide was in “very abbreviated form” you insinuate that the investigation, work and science behind it was somehow lacking.

These are large claims for someone who has no knowledge of the instance other than what I had briefly provided, and I will say these insinuations are offensive to me, as they would also be to the many others who were involved.

I was only one minor player is a comprehensive scientific investigation that included much more detail than I have shared, the conclusions of which were incontrovertible. I will not even try to compare that to your efforts of the afternoon which are rife with assumptions.

I unaware of any manufacturer of these guns (without FP block) who will recommend the hammer down/ loaded carry.

I know what we did and I witnessed the results. I stand by them without reservation and feel no further need to defend them here.

Brian, sorry this got so out of hand, keep a happy heart.

PS try loaded ammo; it offers more resistance to the FP blow than a primed case.

PhilOhio

You might want to check your 1911 series, the Colt series 80's had the firing pin block added, the series seventies was hard slide and then switched to the large garish roll mark. No different internaly form the WWII verion. I prefre the OLD pre WWII Swartz system it functioned off the grip safety where as the series 80's system works off the trigger. Makes it a "pain " to get a decent crisp trigger pull.

BB

Glad to hear your doing better Brian, sorry if I'm nitpicking slightly off topic.

Yes, that also crept in there somewhere, the dispicable spring bushing with four fingers that was suposted to accurize, it did but wore down fast and the POS fingers kept breaking. Always threw them away and replaced with a solid bushing, wish I had one (intact) for show.

BB

Brian, get well soon and I'll say a prayer of thanks for ya. I'd keep the bullet and make a key chain or pendant as a conversation piece. Accidents happen, but I carry a GLOCK.