X Rnd Drum Conversion

Don't do it! http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

Thank Clinton for that. The 10 round drum is post ban. The manufacture, sale and possesion of high capacity magazines was banned in 1994. (except for restricted mags for law enforcement that must be labled as such.) Magazines manufactured before the ban was enacted are grandfathered and are ok to own unless there is a state or local law prohibiting possession. Converting a post ban drum, to a pre ban capacity, would be in violation of Klinton's ban and land you a vacation in the slammer! I would beware of anyone selling such a "kit". Just my 02.

Be good,

Damon

Chris...may be a good one for the faq?

Damon is spot on.

Write your congressman and wait a year; if the ban dies you will be able to buy a new L drum for the price of an X today.

Who is selling the kits?

PK - to answer your question, I have seen the rails for sale on Ebay several times. He advises that the rails are for repair. You get rails for both the top lid and bottom of the drum. No mention is made that you can convert the 10rd drum to 50rd. A quick way to get in trouble..

QUOTE (TommyGunner @ Oct 9 2003, 08:56 AM)
Chris...may be a good one for the faq?

Agreed. Done!

usprison.jpg