Current C Drum Production

Good to see that they fit all guns not just new ones

You will find that is the case with the drums but not the straight (aka "stick") magazines. Original and WW2 stick mags will not fit the new Kahr-produced guns without modification. You can read more on the Pinned Topic here on the forum. Great info from the best people, right here. Carry on, kiddo. Good to have you here.

The GPC stands for Guns Parts Corporation. It is formerly or perhaps even currently the more familiar Numrich Arms Corporation, West Hurley, New York. The C drums being offered at Gun Parts Corporation were manufactured in Taiwan by the same company that manufactures the L drums that work great and are priced right. The trademark for the name "Thompson" is owned by Saeilo Enterprises, Inc/Kahr Arms and cannot be marked on the drum.

I seem to recall that the C Drums made in the 90's had something to do with a company called Valentine.

Found this online...

"A decision was made to manufacture new drums but it was almost two years before the new L (50 round) drums were on the market. This was a major effort for AOC that ran into many problems, especially with the rotor spring. AOC formed a new company for this venture, Valentine International. A decision to manufacture the C (100 round) drum came later. It was believed only 1,000 Colt era C drums were manufactured with each one being individually numbered. Mr. Trast believed AOC limited production to only 1,000 numbered C drums. As with the AOC L drum, the rotor spring became a big issue on the AOC C drum."

Edited by jpw43

Bruce, Sarco ​used to have a nice reproduction 100 rd Drum pouch for the Thompson. It looked much like the military 50 rd pouch. They haven't stocked them in years though. I got mine from them almost 10 yrs ago, here's a photo of one.

Iv'e also used a Chinese, (I think) drum pouch that has more than enough room for the Thompson 100 rd drum. Don't recall where I got it from. I don't know why Scarco stopped carrying the pouch it was very nice. The Lewis drum pouch is kind of a snug fit for the C-drum. Anyway let us know what you come up with.

David, feel free to use the photo of this reproduction C pouch in the pinned thread on pouches.

MH

100 rd Thompson Pouch.JPG

100 rd Chinese Pouch.JPG