Saw A '21 And '28 Rewat For Sale Today

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Apr 7 2005, 10:59 PM)
Lotusnut,
Up or down? And are you into Europa's, Elite's, Esprit's?

Arthur,

He moved down, enough that with current prices for M1/M1A1/ and other variants, it was a no brainer. I'll post pics of the drum as well...

What do you think of the Savage rewat repair pic ? I think I'll have that re-finished better. Can you suggest anyone for that job ?

As for the "Lotus" in Lotusnut, you guessed it ! I'm into Esprits...I have a 2001 Yellow esprit with a lotus motosports race ECU, exhaust, intake and BOV's....I grew up in England, and as a kid, it was the car I idolized !

best regards,

Jas

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Apr 7 2005, 10:50 PM)
Lotusnut,
Yeah, ditto what G.I. Jive says. Why would a perfect TSMG lose its pistol grip unless it was taken apart for more than a cleaning? Since the greater percent of the 15,000 Colt TSMG's wound up at PD's, it is sort of a misnomer to consider them a one owner gun until a dealer buyers it from them. Who knows how many armorers went threw the department, and chiefs, who no doubt couldn't resist handling, if not actually shooting, the weapon. No visible scratches anywhere on the weapon that are not blued, and absolutely no blue wear above the frame grip is most unlikely considering these guys didn't wear cotton gloves when handling this curiosity weapon, even if they never shot it. How do the internal pieces look, i.e. bolt, Blish, actuator, etc?

Perhaps this is why it languished on the Gunbroker site for over a year and a half. Did the seller move on his $32K figure considering the time the weapon was on the market and that Hill had to put the finger on the grip instead of the seller?

The diminished "9" may just be the angle of the pic....another head on pic posted of the date looks fine.

QUOTE (Arthur Fliegenheimer @ Apr 8 2005, 02:37 PM)
Lotusnut,
Yes, I deleted that erroneous observation after viewing your second list of pics. The fact that a Lotus Esprit was capable of submarine performance in "The Spy Who Loved Me" surely solidifies that car's prominence in the pantheon of cool vehicles.

The fact that a British made car leaked wasn't surprising either !

http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/tongue.gif