The Development Of The Thompson Submachine Gun

I have about 10 copies of a 16 page history lesson on The Development Of The Thompson Submachine Gun by Theodore H. Eickhoff. This is a great history lesson by the person who developed the new style rifle. Most of the old time Thompson collectors have seen this but I'm sure most of you new guys have not. I would hand these out when I would do Thompson displays . See a few sample pictures. If you want one make a small donation to the board and I will send you a copy no charge.

Chuck K

Keep finding items I have not see in many years.

DSCN2821 (2).JPG

DSCN2822 (2).JPG

DSCN2823 (2).JPG

DSCN2824 (2).JPG

DSCN2825 (2).JPG

DSCN2826 (2).JPG

• Upvote 2

I have a copy of The Development of The Thompson Submachine Gun by Theodore H. Eickhoff that I obtained many years ago and it makes excellent reading and is indeed an excellent history lesson. Touching on the history of the change in cartridge calibers, following lessons learned in Spanish - American war and has two interesting paragraphs on the Wright Brothers first public demonstration of their “heavier than air” flying machine.

It goes on to give lots of information on the development of the Thompson gun, and his conversations with Colonel, as he was then, Thompson, with mention of the Commander Blish and the Blish Patent, "I studied the Blish patent and we fired a few shots from a pistol that Commander Blish had made", as well as Oscar Payne, Warner & Swasey Company etc.

If you have not read this before it is a real gem of information.

Stay safe

Richard
  • Upvote 1

Thank You everyone who made a donation.

Seven packages have been shipped . I still need one address .

Check your PM as I have added tracking to your package.

I have two copies left.

Thanks

Chuck K

All copies have been spoken for.

Edited by Melvin