Wait...What?

I post this because of the wall of Thompson's in the background. But so much wrong here on so many levels. Not sure where this article is going.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/reporter-points-loaded-gun-at-cameraman-pulls-trigger-to-show-how-smart-guns-work/

R

No harm, as the writer clearly stated it had a "Drug mag" in it...

Appears to be a typo not an editorial comment... lol

Though I'm not sure why a ex-con/felon is writing about guns for a blog called Law Enforcement Today.

Edited by b_san

Kind of makes you wonder why ATF would stand by and allow what appears to be an obviously stupid and dangerous stunt.

I suspect they didnt - my guess is the camera is probably on a tripod with the cameraman standing elsewhere.

Even so the optics are not good.

Edited by 1921A

Kind of makes you wonder why ATF would stand by and allow what appears to be an obviously stupid and dangerous stunt.

I suspect they didnt - my guess is the camera is probably on a tripod with the cameraman standing elsewhere.

Even so the optics are not good.

You may be giving this reporter why too much credit.

Though I'm not sure why a ex-con/felon is writing about guns for a blog called Law Enforcement Today.

Is the person holding the gun a felon ? If so, the FBI guy allowed a felon to control a gun and I am pretty sure that is a crime as well----

Is the person holding the gun a felon ? If so, the FBI guy allowed a felon to control a gun and I am pretty sure that is a crime as well----

The guy who wrote the article is the ex-con. He was not the reporter pointing the TSMG.

I think it is a real Thompson, not a blank fire. Who hands anyone a gun, especially a Thompson open bolt gun with the bolt open? And I see motion in the background right after the bolt slams home, indicating a hand held camera, not a tripod. But oh well. Thought it was interesting! R

No harm, as the writer clearly stated it had a "Drug mag" in it.

Didn't say what kind of drugs; probably some kind of hallucinogen.

I think a drug magazine is anything over 15 rounds. Any gun equiped with one also is called a gat. But my street lingo is not what it should be, haven't watched cops for awhile.