"the Sand Pebble's.......

"Once I had to spend a lot of time lugging a BAR around, and that forever cured me of wanting to buy one of those anchors for myself"

I feel the same way about Sterlings. Guess it's a consequence of being made to carry one around rather than choosing to.

QUOTE (Mk VII @ Mar 1 2004, 01:50 PM)
"Once I had to spend a lot of time lugging a BAR around, and that forever cured me of wanting to buy one of those anchors for myself"

I feel the same way about Sterlings. Guess it's a consequence of being made to carry one around rather than choosing to.

i toted a m-60...... for awhile>and however it did {not}

stop me from getting

the maremont deal going with r.j.perry back in 1979..yep alot of m-60 owners have me to thank for getting the ball rolling on that deal.........or the 100 plus transferable m-60's would have never been done.........and on the market.......yep i owned ole arm.ltd and armco back then.......

AND

carrying something never bothered me...........accept for 10,000 rd's of .45 ammo at sar show.........wink

at least you had the honor of carrying a classic........ron

QUOTE (Deputy 89C6 @ Mar 1 2004, 01:57 PM)
Boy, am I glad that I'm not the only one out there. I need my tommy gun for watching Combat...my 1892 44-40 Winchester for watching the Rifleman...and now want an OOC BAR for WW II movies. Good thing I'm not into science fiction....

C6

deputy "you are beyond help"you heard it here first..........you are now in the klub..........very few elite member's.............

and when you pass another member at a gun show,just give him the wink!!

all thompson chicks get the "hug'

they will understand...................Ron

QUOTE (Deputy 89C6 @ Mar 1 2004, 02:10 PM)
Thanks...My only problem now is that gangster movies cause a twinge of regret because I just can't bring myself to spend hundreds of dollars for an L drum...if I spend over $800.00 it needs to shoot, drive, or float.

C6

wow a guy who has thought's as myself.....check your backyard,if there is a discarded greyish pod open'd up and laying in the shed.....

it is too late...........................follow me!!!!!

they are here!!!!

its nice to mix sci-fi with thompson's and bar's.....

take CaRe.ron

colt21a, much to my regret I sold my .03 Springfield along with most of my other military rifles about nine years ago. I needed the money for school. I wish I still had the 03. It was the only rifle I remembered the serial number to 104214. It was a low number rifle my father surprised me with one Christmas. I still have the flier he ordered it from. It was an import. I did shoot it several times, and it surprised me with a mild recoil. I would have loved to have all the fun with all the firearms you had fun with http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif .

Deputy89C6, I am with you on having to have the right firearm with me to enjoy my favorite movies. I remeber having to have my LeeEnfield No4Mk1 to watch that excellent Australian film 'ANZACS'. I want to watch 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Band of Brothers', and 'Kelly's Heroes' again, but I have to wait on my Thompson to get back from the gunsmith. I guess I am hopeless too http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif .

I am thinking about getting a beat up Winchester Model 12 shotgun and converting it into a trench gun. I would love to have an origional, but talk about skyrocketing prices. I kick myself now because I could have bought one with a bayonet in the middle 80's for around $300.00. I should have talked My father into buying it. I like the Norinco 1897 tg copies, but I really want a Model12.

Scott

QUOTE (M1tommygun @ Mar 1 2004, 09:10 PM)
colt21a, much to my regret I sold my .03 Springfield along with most of my other military rifles about nine years ago. I needed the money for school. I wish I still had the 03. It was the only rifle I remembered the serial number to 104214. It was a low number rifle my father surprised me with one Christmas. I still have the flier he ordered it from. It was an import. I did shoot it several times, and it surprised me with a mild recoil. I would have loved to have all the fun with all the firearms you had fun with http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif .

Deputy89C6, I am with you on having to have the right firearm with me to enjoy my favorite movies. I remeber having to have my LeeEnfield No4Mk1 to watch that excellent Australian film 'ANZACS'. I want to watch 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Band of Brothers', and 'Kelly's Heroes' again, but I have to wait on my Thompson to get back from the gunsmith. I guess I am hopeless too http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif .

I am thinking about getting a beat up Winchester Model 12 shotgun and converting it into a trench gun. I would love to have an origional, but talk about skyrocketing prices. I kick myself now because I could have bought one with a bayonet in the middle 80's for around $300.00. I should have talked My father into buying it. I like the Norinco 1897 tg copies, but I really want a Model12.

Scott

funny thing you mention that shotgun i just ordered one of those chinese trenchgun's.

even tho i swore i would not buy another chinese gun after i sold my chinese ak's off a few years ago.

at that time it was a polotik's thing......

i will get another winchester when i find the right gun.kinda spoiled if its not minty cond.and original i won't buy it.......i passed on a few winchester trenchguns in The past two years..............

so the replica will have to do..........[FOR NOW]

get another 03 when you can,nice rifle's

thats all.........RoN