RIA bnz 43 MP-40 sale

https://www.rockislandauction.com/detail/74/1386/german-mp-40

Includes several post war mags, a repro barrel rest, and repro sling. The repro rests I've seen are not made of Bakelite, so they cannot resist the heat of a hot barrel. They warp, as seen here.

They arent....yet at least. Those auctions are all about flexing your ego in bidding wars I imagine. Got to be patient and use your contacts to find those for 20-25k.

Sure, but.

Seeing as some do indeed sell at $40,000 to $55,000 on auction, your telling me that you would be willing to sell yours for $25,000?

Just curious because people always say, "oh that's just auction prices". Okay, but you would kinda be foolish to sell one anywhere other than an auction if that is the prices being realized. I don't know if you track many RIA sales, but most MP40's are running pretty solid over $35,000 now.

They arent....yet at least. Those auctions are all about flexing your ego in bidding wars I imagine. Got to be patient and use your contacts to find those for 20-25k.

Sure, but.

Seeing as some do indeed sell at $40,000 to $55,000 on auction, your telling me that you would be willing to sell yours for $25,000?

Just curious because people always say, "oh that's just auction prices". Okay, but you would kinda be foolish to sell one anywhere other than an auction if that is the prices being realized. I don't know if you track many RIA sales, but most MP40's are running pretty solid over $35,000 now.

Im a collector not a dealer so yes...maybe I would maybe I wouldnt sell for 25k depending on my mood but thats not the point. If youre a dealer and want to sit on inventory for months or years then list an mp40 for 35-40k and see how that works out for you. You and I wont be buying it because we dont mind taking the time to hunt down a better buy. RIA, Julia, etc. are about the glitz and glam where some fancy pictures and applause can ratchet up the price in a bidding war to fantasy prices not likely realized outside of it. But its a risk, and for an individual collector I think an auction makes sense if you are trying to sell a sizeable collection where the headshots count.

I just missed out on a very nice, all matching MP40 this month for 17k. I asked for some pictures and as soon as I received them it had sold. So yes, dealers, estates, or perhaps individuals are still selling MP40s for 20-25k or less. Just got to be ready to mail the check before the next guy.

Edited by 83Baron