M1A1 Spring Tune Up Kit

Newbee here. Any of you fine folks can lead me to a Thompson M1a1 spring kit? I hate to buy them all seperate from various companies. All the springs tune up kit? Is there such a thing? Thank you in advance.

If your M1A1 is running good, I would suggest you not change a thing. Thompson guns can run trouble free for a long time without any parts breakage or need for replacement springs. That said, I would reach out to forum member Phil Askew at philfordparts@yahoo.com if I wanted New Old Stock (NOS) springs for my Thompson gun. He can put together a spring package at a good price of brand new USGI springs for your frame. I assume he also has USGI recoil springs too. I have a set of spares in my parts box I purchased from Phil years ago should the need ever arise.

Phil and his parts will be at the All Thompson Show & Shoot in August.

I would stay away from used or unknown springs. The cost difference is not worth the chance of getting old and worn out springs. Phil's springs and parts are taken out of GI packaging.

• Upvote 1

If your M1A1 is running good, I would suggest you not change a thing. Thompson guns can run trouble free for a long time without any parts breakage or need for replacement springs. That said, I would reach out to forum member Phil Askew at philfordparts@yahoo.com if I wanted New Old Stock (NOS) springs for my Thompson gun. He can put together a spring package at a good price of brand new USGI springs for your frame. I assume he also has USGI recoil springs too. I have a set of spares in my parts box I purchased from Phil years ago should the need ever arise.

I would stay away from used or unknown springs. The cost difference is not worth the chance of getting old and worn out springs. Phil's springs and parts are taken out of GI packaging.

Thank you for the response. I emailed him. Just trying to stock up on some extras and some parts. With the new admin who knows what happens with everything. The future is bleak.

Tom, thanks for posting Phil's email. Just an FYI, I contacted him, and he has everything except sear and firing pin springs.

Tom, thanks for posting Phil's email. Just an FYI, I contacted him, and he has everything except sear and firing pin springs.

I got the same reply. I emailed him back Ill take whatever he split with but no replies since?

All emails answered. Sometimes takes a little bit to answer all e-mails work has really picked up. Thanks to Tom for putting me in his last book which has resulted many an inquiry and sales. Hope to see you all at Tracies .

Thank you sir. Just ordered two sets. Thank you for being here and helping us maintain our thompsons!!! You are a gentleman and scholar. Happy Easter!!!