1928 Info request/looking for 30 round mags

.....the guns taken off the line during the war for police​...

None of the AOB variation 1928AC Thompson guns are known to have been commercially sold while the Model of 1928A1 Thompson gun was in production. All documented sales occurred during the M1 or M1A1 production or after production ended for all Thompson guns - January/February 1944. These are parts guns - from the original manufacturer. While many have similar parts and markings, exceptions are the rule with this variation.

​All good stuff!

Wasnt there lots of 1928s in the field at that time why not sell those parts as spares since the 1928 line was shut down and pull some M1s off the line for police sales and remark those??

Vinny,

No M1 or M1A1 Thompsons were "pulled off the line" for police sales during WWII. All M1/M1A1 production was going to the military. M1 production ended in 1944, the war was still in effect. Many guns were re-imported to the US after WWII and the US Government had programs for Law enforcement during the 1950's, but no M1 guns were sold commercially during WWII.

Wasnt there lots of 1928s in the field at that time why not sell those parts as spares since the 1928 line was shut down and pull some M1s off the line for police sales and remark those??

Vinny,

No M1 or M1A1 Thompsons were "pulled off the line" for police sales during WWII. All M1/M1A1 production was going to the military. M1 production ended in 1944, the war was still in effect. Many guns were re-imported to the US after WWII and the US Government had programs for Law enforcement during the 1950's, but no M1 guns were sold commercially during WWII.

Yup i guess the war effort is primary...thx Vinny

• 4 months later...

Since I started this thread many months ago, I thought I would read through it again now that I have my AOB 1928 AC. If any of you are still interested in additional pictures or further information, please let me know. Now that I have it in my possession it will be much easier.

Although whoever groud off the "US" marking did a poor job, overall I'm pleased with the gun. I ran a few mags through it at my gun club yesterday without any issues - also made a kid's day letting him shoot it.

Congrats, you have a great gun. Yes more photos, we love them. When you have questions this is the best place for them. Good folks here. Great information. Looks like you have a nice L-Drum and canvas drum case as well. What marking are on them? See the pinned references as a guide as you go thru them.

Enjoy!

Sandman1957

Since I started this thread many months ago, I thought I would read through it again now that I have my AOB 1928 AC. If any of you are still interested in additional pictures or further information, please let me know. Now that I have it in my possession it will be much easier.

Although whoever groud off the "US" marking did a poor job, overall I'm pleased with the gun. I ran a few mags through it at my gun club yesterday without any issues - also made a kid's day letting him shoot it.

Just curious...you posted in Jan you bought this gun did you get your stamp already??

I posted in January but my ATF check was processed on 19 October 2017, my application was approved 6 May, which interestingly enough was a Sunday, so just shy of 7 months.

Ok thats about right thx for the info Im waiting on a Nov stamp.

Me too... A previous F4 transfer on 10/18 cleared 4/18, exactly 6 months. I got excited and called this past Monday about a transfer that went pending 12/6, expecting to be close now.... still pending. I expected it to be completed around 6/6, but she said "they are taking 8 months now". Huh? Are they trying to slow down the process? Anyone else heard this?

Searching the NFAtracker.com website under transfer tracking with just Form4 individuals listed shows them to be reported around 180 days +/- a few.

Sorry for the hijacking of the thread....

I have 2 stamps in dec both 12/19. The atf person told me mailing time on the stamp could be 30days my oct stamp came in 10 days so who knows if its 8 months but my oct stamp was one week short of 7 so it could be getting longer. Edited by Petroleum 1