My Thank you to "Paulf's Pictorial Guide To How I Made My Reis

PilotDave

And to Ian in forgotten weapons video on how to field strip a Resing 50. When I got it last week it jammed cartidges on feeding > Thanks to Paul and others I have cleaned out the iside of the bolt ( horrible sticking grease) filed down the end of the firing pin polished to bolt and replaced the spring with a wolf spring. Notice the longer and stronger wolf spring for the firing pin We will see if it works tomorrow !!!

post-262618-0-01040600-1605574742_thumb.jpg

Ive had 2 wolf hammer springs disintegrate on me. Jamming the bolt with chunks of spring. I run a factory hammer spring now. The wolf main spring will speed up your gun. More out of control. Did you turn your firing pin into a floating pin yet? It works great.

My gun had a issue with gunk under the extractor. Plus the extractor screw wasnt filed enough. The gun runs smoother now.

Mags were the main issue. Make sure your testing with a factory mag. You can try replacing the mag spring too.

Ftf may be mag issues. Id start there. Test several mags

Ammo makes a difference too. S&b seems to feed harder. Its noticeable on the first round when charging it. I often have to charge it twice to get them to feed. Ive found junk Tula steel case to feed the best. They feed into my gun like butter. Not a fan of steel case but I tested 4 brands and Tula fed the best. Also cheap for testing your gun

Edited by huggytree

By floating firing pin I believe what I had to do was file just a bit from the rear of the factory firing pin which I did I did not replace the factory pin with the new titanium pin as the titanium pin is a bit longer than the original pin I will try tomorrow Eventually I reload cast bullets I will powder coat then and try them out also Again thanks to all Once I get this to run reliably YEA!!!

I have a 3 digit S/N 50 and I did the inertia modification. Worked great.. but I did have to do more filing that expected.

When I did the filing of the back side of the firing pin, I noticed that by the time I filed enough off, the firing pin didn't extend out enough to have the hammer to have a good strike on the firing pin. So I had to file the slot on the side of the firing pin to allow it to be pushed (by the spring) further back. I don't know if I had an original firing pin.. the 50 was in perfect condition so possibly.. Note that filing the nose of the firing pin wasn't a option due to the fit.. it just went forward enough to make a good strike on the primer so I had the only choice of filing the hammer side of the firing pin.

Any case it worked well with Magtech 45 ammo.. Haven't had a chance to try other stuff yet to see how reliable it was in the long run. I don't get out as much as I want. :(

IMNSHO cleaning the inside of the bolt probably would have solved the problem by itself. I am somewhat obsessive about mine and thus far have never had a firing pin issue.

If you think about it there are only two things that can cause the incoming round to get caught under an extended firing pin.

1) The pin gets stuck in the extended position from firing the previous round

2) The impact of the bolt stripping the round from the magazine slows the bolt sufficiently that the momentum of the firing pin overcomes the FP spring.

If you look at the accumulated crud inside many Reising bolts, the former is completely believable. Given the combined mass of the bolt and action bar and the strength of the recoil spring I find the impact of stripping the cartridge slowing the action enough to cause problems somewhat unlikely