Opportunity if anyone plays with 3D printers

GarrettJ

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

We ran into a bit of a problem with the last sleeves I made. When I first started this project there was a good quantity of NOS Pro Mag's that had been sitting on the shelf for a couple of decades, for some mystifying reason that supply has suddenly vanished.

As all the vendors were out of stock, the last gentleman I made sleeves for ordered magazines direct from Pro Mag. The sleeves didn't fit! Most annoying! We discovered that these are apparently from a new production run and aren't being held to the original tolerances. I was able to adjust the sleeves to fit, but now I am dealing with (at least) three different sizes. You will need to get the Pro Mags and carefully measure the width of the back of the mag, then tell me how many of each size you need. Of course, there is the possibility that you may end up having to mail me the magazines so I can get the fit right.

Doug

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hey there DougStump, I know I'm digging this up from a while ago but I thought I'd ask if I can get the STL for the Uzi mag adapter so I could print a couple for my buddy who just purchased an M50 ( he's still waiting for his tax stamp ). If you're comfortable with it, I'd be interested in the parametric model file also in case it needs some modification for fitment. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. I can trade you for a file of a pic-rail mounted cigar holder I made ! LOL

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2020 at 10:30 PM, StrangeRanger said:

The problem with the Keystones is that they don't function 100% and no one has figured out why. They appear to be identical to the Christies (the gold standard of Reising mags) and sometimes a given Keystone will run like a sewing machine and other times it will sputter and puke on the very same ammo. I'd say that what the world needs is a feed lip tool except that the lips on my H&R mags are dimensionally all over the place and run almost as reliably as the Chrisites despite their advanced age.

What is humorous about all of this on the Keystone /Christie mags is the dies are the same ones......the original Christie mags were made by Service Stampings in Willoughby OH ......who also make parts for me as well. When Ken sold them they went to Keystone. Wish now I had bought the dies when I had the opportunity a few years ago.....just didn't have the spare cash at the time.....Might look into it again.....:D

Edited by Mad Machinist

1 hour ago, Mad Machinist said:

What is humorous about all of this on the Keystone /Christie mags is the dies are the same ones......the original Christie mags were made by Service Stampings in Willoughby OH ......who also make parts for me as well. When Ken sold them they went to Keystone. Wish now I had bought the dies when I had the opportunity a few years ago.....just didn't have the spare cash at the time.....Might look into it again.....:D

I used Keystone's magazines in my Reising with zero problems in F/A. Bought it about 2 years ago. Ran 4 of the 6.