1927a1 Knurled Actuator

I just stopped by a brand new Sportsman's Warehouse that just opened here in San Antonio. In the rack with all else was a new factory production Kahr '27A1. What caught my eye was a round cocking knob instead the infamous "cheesegrater" left over from West Hurley days. On closer inspection, it was also knureld nicely around the center diameter. It was well rounded and cut down to what appeared proper size. This was a brand new rifle with the warning stickers on it, and a KA9079 serial number.

For all the bad things that have been said, it looks like they are trying to improve the product. Even the West Hurley didn't do anything about that horrible knob. Perhaps the feedback and input from people like Damon and Tracie is helping.

Will the new cocking knobs be available as retro fits for existing guns?

And how about 21/28 style trigger frames. Will Kahr manufacture those in the near future?

Us folks looking for a surplus hi-priced 28 frame to modify would like to know !

Gracias

are people really that weak? http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/blink.gif

i have the oem springs.....and a knob altered by PK....i also have no problems cocking the thing.

i found more problems with the cheese grater and the oem springs.

Brian,

Not a matter of being weak, it's that the 27A1 recoil spring force is a lot more than the FA TSMGs. Without the bigger area of the tall knob to get hold of, the 27A1 bolt MAY slip out of the user's hand. Apparently bad things such as inadvertent firing of the weapon can result.

Can't say from personal experience or ownership. Mere hearsay.

MP

Noticed the new round cocking knob on a 27A1 that my dealer just got in. I purchased mine from the same dealer three weeks ago and it has the Cheese Grater knob. The funny thing is that according to the serial number on the new gun mine was made or assembled "after" the 27A1 with the new knob. Kahr must have a bin full of receivers that they pull from so there is no order of assembly according to serial number.

MadDog http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/ohmy.gif

This is all great to hear. I have a soft spot in my heart (or head) for Kahr, since their product inadvertently led me to you guys. I like the idea that with a good product maybe that could satisfy the new crowd's appetite, so the price of the NFA stuff will quit climbing. (I know, wishful thinking!!)

The issue with the heavy pull spring issues involve more than cocking strength, as M. Ploughboy mentioned. If you ever had a feeding problem, it was very difficult to pull that spring and remove the stuck round at the same time.

Kahr needs to talk with Dave, Ez Pull Springs & buffers.....

The 27 is a dream now with the smaller profile bolt handle and the Ez Pulls.

Ditto Sgt. It was my 27A1 that got me looking at the net for more info as well, and this board. Who would have guessed it spawned a real collecting frenzy.