WTB: 1928 Knurled Actuator

I am seeking a "nice" knurled 1928 actuator for my West Hurley. It currently sports an original 1921 actuator that I bought along with the dual buffer tube and fiber buffers for a song many years ago. I am going to have the '28 milled down to '21 specs and will likely move the original '21 to a collector. (I sold the buffer tubes and buffers years ago). Too valuable to risk breaking? Not sure this is a realistic fear considering how little I shoot the Westy. Suggestions? What are the original '21 actuators going for nowadays? It may have been reblued by PK, I don't recall. R

1921actuator01.jpg

Just go the complete pk route. Send him the actuator and order the spring and buffer assembly. Done,no fuss. You just need to send him the actuator to have milled. He does the milling when he gets enough.
  • Upvote 1

Hence seeking one. All sites I checked are OOS. Hoping someone might have an extra for sale. But, that is my plan. Gotta find one first! Already have his spring and buffer assembly. R

Chris,

Glad to see you back here again!

I do not have the 28 knurled actuator you seek. But in answer to your question, I did pay $1,200 for a pretty decent one recently. And I am cheap - but that as the going price. Lesser quality may go less, yours looks nice.

That is a perception based on a real purchase, not what someone heard. Just my $0.02....

You are welcome to offer it to be for less! LOL!

$1200 for a '21 actuator?!? Definitely yanking the firing pin out of the West Hurley. Where, pray tell, did you buy it from? Mines' like new. I am sure it's original because of all the other stuff that came with it (buffer tubes, disks, etc.). Just don't remember if PK reblued it or not, or what this does to the value. R

PS: $1600 out the door...;-) Inflation you know...