Wtt Bar For Thomspon

I have a 1918A2 BAR parts kit on an Philadelphia Ord 80% receiver, includes 10 BAR mags, gas cylinder cleaning tool, used bakelite buttstock, new bakelite buttstock and new walnut forend, misc spare parts included.

I want to trade for a 1928 Thomspon parts kit. I will entertain all offers. email me at timg953@yahoo.com for pics. I'd rather swap with someone on the board than post it on ebay.

Edited by timg953

Wow! That's scary! We had our local MG shoot yesterday, and I spent a little time on one fellow's BAR. I almost thought about [semi-jokingly] asking him if he'd consider trading his BAR for my TSMG. Then I sobered up.

I bet you did! If it was a Winchester BAR and in 90% shape that would have been a fair trade. Anything else and the BAR person would need to start coughing up money.

I almost bought a BAR, glad I didn't. I saw one at Norrells house and that was the end of those things for me.

Heavy, overbearing, ugly guns. Ammo is too expenisve too. So no BAR for me. Awesome gun in WW2 however.

Jr

john i understand your pain,you are no clyde barrow.......

however i have a nice pic, signed by his 80 plus year old sister holding a 1918 with a smile on the ole gal's face........priceless!!! wink!!

sorry she is now deceased........

i have a 1918 bar........they are heavy.and long......still a classic..........get "between a rock and a hard place", by jim ballou a good read.......take care,ron

They are big,but not uncontrollable...when you bring a BAR to the range,the instant recognition is almost the same as a Thompson...major cool factor...ammo is pricey,but that`s why you reload... just finished 6,000rds and that should last the summer...as far as tradin`one for another...no way ...gotta have both...just a few more sacrifices for the cause,my .02,out. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/wink.gif

Can't remember the mfg of the BAR (a C&R/original Korean War era though...wooden forearm, black plastic butt stock) but it VERY controllable. Even on slow auto I had no problems cranking off singles and doubles, and accuracy...I swear, the front sight post NEVER left the, even after a five round burst. I was shooting from the prone position at 2'x2' steel plates at 250 yards. Aside from the TSMG, the BAR and the Lewis are (read:"were," with present prices) my "got to haves."

the el supreemo.... is the>1924 colt"monitor "b.a.r. i never owned one of those but have held a few!!of them...

made a offer to a guy who owns one,{when i talked with him at s.a.r.last year}he had it on loan to the colt museum...........he had another rich guy offer him $75,000.00 he passed.......

they are now bringing the big bucks also...........

ron

I`ve got some nice video from the last MG shoot in Feb.and I ran several mags full auto holding on target with the whole string...no problem with control at all...other shooters with me learned how to lean in a bit and strung them out too,very accurate MG fire.It`s no wonder the BAR man was feared by the enemy.Sure is cool in the civilian sector...too bad the prices are skyrocketting...I would like to see more people experience a BAR in action...my .02,out.

Sold!!! Now I need some Thomspon parts. I'm looking for an M1A1 kit or all the 1928 parts except: trigger frame , bolt, barrel, buttstock. Any body have spares laying around that you don't want/need?