Sten MK2S Semi Auto / NFA Build question

New topic that I hope there are some more knowledgeable people on here to help me.

Current build: Sten MK2S Semi Auto tube and semi parts from Indianapolis Ordnance. Building a MK2S replica with a working suppressor. Suppressor will be 12 3/4" (same as original) but with modern baffles. Barrel 5". OAL will be 36.75" with stock.

My question: Suppressor will be NON-REMOVABLE so I SHOULD only need 1 tax stamp. Am I correct on this? If so, how do I do the Form 1? It won't be a suppressor, it won't be a SBR (but the "barrel" with suppressor is 12 3/4") . Would this be a suppressed SBR?

I've done plenty of Form 1's but this is a first for me.

Anyone out there to guide me in the right direction?

Here is a picture I grabbed to show what it will look like.

And no, I'm not building an illegal weapon, I'm not putting a stock on or building my can till I get my Form 1 back, I'm not making a machine gun - sorry, just trying to head off the idiots.

Phoenixmsb

post-261861-0-64117900-1539225397_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phoenixmsb

Hi,

From what I've read it looks like a SBR stamp and a supressor stamp. The non-removable "savings" would only kick in if from the chamber of the barrel to the tip of the supressor were greater than 16". Essentially if the supressor is non-removable from the barrel, all the metal counts between the chamber and tip of the supressor as the body of the can counts as barrel length.

Now there have been some creative readings of the NFA in the last few years. I'm sure others will chime in. I'm no expert on legal stuff but that is how I see it.

BTW, nice job on the Sten.

Enjoy,

Grasshopper

Just wonderful - $400 in tax stamps on a gun that cost me $375 to build - love the government...

I DO have to register as an SBR AND the suppressor. If I make the suppressor 16.1" from the end to the bolt face I can get away with 1 stamp but then I'll have an ugly suppressor.

Oh, well. Thanks for the advise from everyone.

Phoenixmsb