Ammo Ammo Who's Got The Ammo?

I have been a StG-44 owner for about 5 years now and I am still looking for a supplier of live ammo. I know of several people who make it but $1.50+ per round is a little to steep for me. I am no cheap skate, but I just want to do live fire without firing about one car payment per/min./ Any ideas?

Contact Hampton Roads Munitions @ 757-474-0840 between 9a.m. and 6p.m. Mon-Fri EDT.

They have it for $1/round and they do a nice job of it. I just had 300 rounds sent to me. Total of $310 with shipping to Minnesota.

I'm going to start reloading it myself now that I have the formed brass. Might consider forming my own brass in the future. No other more reasonable options I'm aware of for now.

RCBS dies are $119. Make the stuff yourself !........Use 30-06,257Robs,308,7mm,243,&8mm brass. Cut these cases with a small pipe cutter, then put the cases thru an 8mm Mauser die, so they are all the same to start with.......Next resize the cut cases, and they come out with the bottleneck/ ream the inside of neck/ trim for length, and they are ready to prime & load.

Widners, of Tenn, got 125gr 8mm rds for about $150. for a 1000. IMR 4198 powder, 21gr's worth is the median load............

I even pull the bullets from Yugo & Turk 8mm rounds, dump the powder, and go thru the same steps as above, thereby making disposable cases that I don't go running after while shooting.

Try it , you'll love it............jwhttp://www.hunt101.com/img/078596.jpg

I seem to remember a few years back, after the Berlin wall fell, when the crews where dismantling the walls, bunkers where found, containing (among other treasures) cases and cases of 7.92x33 rounds! The information sounded like it was in the number of millons of rounds! Was this true? And more importantly, what happened to these rounds? I know that lot's of rounds are collected around the world but.....Plus, I know that east Germany used the MP44 for a few years after the war before being supplanted by it's Russian copy the AK47! And even though they where replaced, they where(supposedly) still issued to the volks armee as a substitute standard.

QUOTE (junglewalk @ Dec 24 2003, 12:02 AM)
RCBS dies are $119. Make the stuff yourself !........Use 30-06,257Robs,308,7mm,243,&8mm brass. Cut these cases with a small pipe cutter, then put the cases thru an 8mm Mauser die, so they are all the same to start with.......Next resize the cut cases, and they come out with the bottleneck/ ream the inside of neck/ trim for length, and they are ready to prime & load.
Widners, of Tenn, got 125gr 8mm rds for about $150. for a 1000. IMR 4198 powder, 21gr's worth is the median load............
I even pull the bullets from Yugo & Turk 8mm rounds, dump the powder, and go thru the same steps as above, thereby making disposable cases that I don't go running after while shooting.
Try it , you'll love it............jwhttp://www.hunt101.com/img/078596.jpg

Were can I order RCBS dies for 7.92 kurtz ?

Do I have to warm the brass before making the bottle neck ?

I have had a Mp44 for 5 years but I have still not used it.

Rolf Gunnar Aanes

Norway

Rolf; The RCBS die set is number#56343..7.92mmx33Kurz Mauser. it is their catagory 'G' set of dies, so they are $119.95......

Their email address is rcbstech@atk.com, and site is ww.rcbs.com

As far as warming the brass; I guess not. I don't warm it, but I do use resizing lube liberally.....Reaming the insde of the newly necked case is so critical http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif ; the thinning of the neck walls has got to be an area, that you must pay attention to. I use a 8mm reamer in a drill press, then finally trim the case for length.

Go to Infantry rifles.com, and hit the reloading thread. There a guy named Tommy, from Holland, makes his own also...,so good pics too......

Rolf, talk to RCBS, and see how you can get the dies.....let's see what happens..... http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/smile.gif ...jw

By the way, meet my lovely daughter, Erika; she is in the 'Luftwaffe 1946' comic series, by Ted Nomura.

Erika_H.jpg