Question: When this pin was replaced on PPS-43, what does it imply?

yohuang

A question on PPS-43.. borrowed a screenshot from Ian (of Youtube) to help raising my question. The gun in his illustration looks good to me, the question is on another PPS-43 which has a replaced pin.

When the pin in the red circle was replaced on a PPS-43,,,, is that a deact/react sign? a sign of barrel being replaced? What's the implications? Thanks.

post-261917-0-82004900-1577393033_thumb.png

If you want to get the bolt out of the gun, like to replace it because the firing pin tip wore down, you have to separate the 2 halves of the gun.
I saw one a few months ago where this was the case, and they had spread the upper to clear the head of this pin.

Richard

Thats the hinge pin for the upper and lower.....It also retains the rear of the trunion.

On an original PPS-43, the only reason to remove it would be to swap upper/lower receivers or remove the trunion.

It's removal isn't necessary to remove the bolt or barrel. The barrel is retained by a vertical pin

Thanks for the info! I will let this one go then. Will wait a better one.

I bought a copy of "Military Small Arms of the 20th Century" compiled by Ian V. Hogg and John S. Weeks. Page after page, I tried to find which one attracts me... there are many interesting guns, but I have many constraints.. Maxim is super interesting, but I cannot handle its size and weight,,, PPSH41 is interesting, but it has a big wood stock, M60 is lovely, but it's postwar, Thompson 1921 is beautiful, but it's too nice to shoot... with all those self-applied constraints,,, actually, there are not many guns left...

What is your problem with a wooden stock? It's not just the PPSh41, a lot of really nice SMGs have them. Look at the Berettas, Bergmans, Steyr-Solothurn, Suomi, Reising, Lanchester etc. You're limiting yourself a lot by rejecting them.

What is your problem with a wooden stock? It's not just the PPSh41, a lot of really nice SMGs have them. Look at the Berettas, Bergmans, Steyr-Solothurn, Suomi, Reising, Lanchester etc. You're limiting yourself a lot by rejecting them.

Your statement makes perfect sense. I need to adjust my scope.