Thompson Colt Era Patent Date Mags (2)

I have 2 Thompson Colt Era Patent Date 20 round mags for trade. One functions great, the other needs a little work to realign the mag body so that all parts fit. I will trade these for multiple later date 30 round TSMG magazines or possibly some other TSMG material. Please send PM with any offer/request for pic. Thank you.

I was just wondering what they sell for these days,with original blue finish ?

It's been a long time since I came across blue one.

I have parkerized one that I picked up cheap($20) at gun show that was mixed in with all the WW2 20 round mags.

If anyone has a some to sell, I am looking. I need about a dozen to fill some hardcases that are headed to a museum. If you want to do some trading, tell me what you are looking for. I might have it in all this stuff around here.

Nick

The middle one is an error patent date. The first line has AUG 20 as the one patent date, but no Thompson mag patents were issued on that date. Two patents were issued on AUG 24, which is why that date appears twice on the correct patent date mags.

Thank you for your reply TSMG28

The top one in the photo is also a "Aug 20" like the middle one. Two "error date", One correct date.

The top one may not show well in the photo.

I was always under the impression that the opposite was true....that two Aug 24th as Patent Dates were the error

Thank you for your reply TSMG28

The top one in the photo is also a "Aug 20" like the middle one. Two "error date", One correct date.

The top one may not show well in the photo.

I was always under the impression that the opposite was true....that two Aug 24th as Patent Dates were the error

FWIW, in the U.S. patents have only been issued on Tuesdays for over 100 years. The two 08-24-1920 patents are 1,350,619 and 1,350,646. The 01-11-1921 patent is 1,365,234.