In The Learning Stage

Still in the paper work stage with my West Hurley, but would it be advisable to go ahead and get one of those military 1928 part sets (everything but the reciever) just to have it on hand in case some of the original parts need replacing.Would greatly appreciate some advise.

I got one from Ohio Ordnance Works and it was beautiful as advertised. Nice people to deal with as well. A crying shame to see that fresh cut mark through the ejection port of what was an unfired new receiver. http://www.machinegunbooks.com/forums/invboard1_1_2/upload/html/emoticons/sad.gif All other parts, bolt actuator, Blish lock, etc. still in the grease.

Parts on hand is always advisable. I have changed out many on my AO WH gun to include actuator, bolt, buffer, spring and guide rod, oiler, Blish lock and extractor.

My gun has seen a lot of use mind you, and things do break.

I bought the guide rod and buffer from PK here on the board and it is a real nice peice of machining work, far better than the original. I recommend having a couple of springs in case you kink one during reassembly. A couple of extractors and at least one actuator.