23 replies to this topic

#21 Speeddemon02

Speeddemon02

RKI Member

• Regular Group
  • 362 posts
  • Interests:Guns, Trucks, Games, and Woodworking

Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:32 AM

I am really grateful that this forum got moved over to its own as what once was causing me to not get into 40mm stuff has been smoothed out and now currently awaiting on the ATF to get a new M203.  I can't wait.  Anyone want to voice their opinion on leaf vs quadrant sights?  General opinions and preference as I am torn on which one to get/use.  I also found CDVS if you buy in "bulk" it drastically lowers the price per round as another source.

#22 johnsonlmg41

johnsonlmg41

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 783 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:59 PM

I don't know that I would get either at this point.  I have both, but then got the newer laser/ daylight sight.  psq-18 and have that on both the 203 and M79.   Not cheap, but state of the art as far as these go.  I have a spare for sale.   If I had to pick between the two others the leaf sight I think is nicer.

#23 TSMGguy

TSMGguy

Respected Member

• Board Benefactor
  • 2484 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycles, old airplanes, and guns.

Posted Today, 04:53 PM

We called the M79 the "blooper", for the sound it made. Was particularly partial to the M578 buckshot round. Note the sound in the video below, and the very l-o-n-g time of flight.

Edited by TSMGguy, Today, 04:59 PM.

#24 johnsonlmg41

johnsonlmg41

Respected Member

• Regular Group
  • 783 posts

Posted Today, 07:57 PM

This sight works day and night and has a built in leveling system so that it can fired as long as the lights come on showing you have the proper elevation regardless of the shooters angle etc.  and if daylight is low.  More gadgets for those who enjoy this stuff.  Normally it sits on an m16, but the KAC stuff was handy,  then you have an additional set of irons, etc, and a rail.....because it can't be "tactical"  without a rail!    I also have it adapted to fit on the M79 which brings that current with the addition of a pvs-14 on top.    Probably TMI.  HTH

Attached Files