Who Was the The Frank Corporation, Savannah Georgia?

I dug out 21AC # 7636 and was checking out the history. GH noted that it was shipped in Feb of 1930 to "The Frank Corporation". Anyone ever heard of them? Were they a sales rep for Auto Ordnance Corp? Seems that I have seen that name somewhere else. GH also noted that it was marked attention "Police Commissioner". Maybe they were just a forwarding company of some type? Any RKI's got a guess? I have the original case for it somewhere around here and will post some pics when I get a chance.

Here is what Gordon had on #7636, but it not correct.

The Frank Corp. 27 W. Congress St. Savannah, Georgia (1 Shipped 2/17/30)

Attn: Police Commissioner

* Mike Lester (Class Three Supply) Pennsylvania 1977

Law Enforcement Equipment Corp. Nashville, Tennessee 1977

Nick Tilotta (Western Firearms Co.) Grapevine, Texas 2000

I bought this from a guy names Ray Reeves out of Grass Valley, CA. in Sept of 1996

Hi All, Found a bit about the Frank Corp. Compliments of the Georgia Historical Society.

The Frank Corporation.PNG

They have the building on 322 West Broughton Street, Savannah, Ga. Looking at a city map, I think this building is back-to back with an alley with the buildings on W. Congress.

The complete name from the photo was The Frank Corp.; Commercial Auto Loan Corp. Maybe the correct company? The W. Congress address is 2.5 blocks away.

. Great thread! Grasshopper

You have to love the old cars!

ps. Having trouble with pics tonight. The url for the picture is: http://georgiahistory.pastperfectonline.com/photo/DAFE9B9A-96A6-43E5-9B62-294621873635

Edited by Grasshopper

Excellent bit of info. I looked and looked but never did see this. That's fills in a another void. Looks like A/O used a lot of hardware stores to distribute their product back in the day. If you look in the windows you can a lot of merchandise for sale and there are plenty of advertising signs on the left side of the building promoting other product. My suspicion is that "The Frank Company" probably served as a hardware store that also sold auto parts. Thanks for that info!